Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Air conditioning on my new truck not impressive

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Old 03-31-2004, 03:21 PM
ocdmachine
Junior User
ocdmachine is starting off with a positive reputation.

We are having our first heat wave here in Central Texas and it's the first time I really needed my AC since I purchased the truck in Feb. Man, I have owned Ford cars before and they always had great AC, this truck sucks! I called the dealer and will bring it in next week for them to check out. It blows cool, but barely. No way it's going to cool down this BLACK interior 4-door truck. Anyone else have AC issues? Hopefully it's something they can address but I'd rather go in with some background information if anyone else has my same issue. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2004, 03:24 PM
psdwanabe
Senior User
psdwanabe is starting off with a positive reputation.
There were quite a few complaints last summer. Try a search I'm sure you'll come up with a lot of hits.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:42 PM
FLFordOwner
Senior User
FLFordOwner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ocdmachine
We are having our first heat wave here in Central Texas and it's the first time I really needed my AC since I purchased the truck in Feb. Man, I have owned Ford cars before and they always had great AC, this truck sucks! I called the dealer and will bring it in next week for them to check out. It blows cool, but barely. No way it's going to cool down this BLACK interior 4-door truck. Anyone else have AC issues? Hopefully it's something they can address but I'd rather go in with some background information if anyone else has my same issue. Thanks.

I'm not happy with mine either look here

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...25#post1486425

or

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=206976

or on this site http://flatratetech.com/6literpowers...c;f=1;t=000191

i know your talking about cooling mine takes more to cool also, ford changed thier a/c systems to something um.. cheaper is what i see

Old 03-31-2004, 08:44 PM
FLFordOwner
Senior User
hmm link won't work

Old 04-01-2004, 08:53 AM
$trokin60
Senior User
$trokin60 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I agree the 6.0 deffinatly lacks in the A/C department. My 96 F-350 would freeze you out. The 6.0 will barely cool the air on a hot day. Dealership says everything check OK. must be my imagination.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:34 PM
dftrader
New User
dftrader is starting off with a positive reputation.
Install a valve in the heater-core supply line,because the coolant is allways circulating thru the heater.I installed a 1/2" ball valve and close it in summer time.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:16 PM
FLFordOwner
Senior User
my dealer told me id void the warrenty if i did that so ill let ford fix it instead of half assing something that should of been done at the factory

Old 04-01-2004, 05:28 PM
uponyou21
Senior User
uponyou21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by FLFordOwner
my dealer told me id void the warrenty if i did that so ill let ford fix it instead of half assing something that should of been done at the factory
i had the same issue with mine took it in and replaced a defective o-ring which was causing a leak in the system

Old 04-02-2004, 06:03 PM
NiNjA DoC
Senior User
NiNjA DoC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine works great and it gets well over 120 here

Old 04-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Lashlaroo
Senior User
Lashlaroo is starting off with a positive reputation.
That was my First and so far only trip into the dealership for work. No A/C. There were some wires cut when the engine was installed. Cool air came out but that was it. Now, Oh My, it will run you out of the truck after a few miles at highway speed. If you have gauges, I was told by ford Mech that you should have 250psi on the high side and 50 psi on the low side. The old systems were 150+- high and 30 on the low. the bigger the difference, the better the cooling.

Old 04-02-2004, 07:48 PM
FLFordOwner
Senior User
Originally Posted by Lashlaroo
That was my First and so far only trip into the dealership for work. No A/C. There were some wires cut when the engine was installed. Cool air came out but that was it. Now, Oh My, it will run you out of the truck after a few miles at highway speed. If you have gauges, I was told by ford Mech that you should have 250psi on the high side and 50 psi on the low side. The old systems were 150+- high and 30 on the low. the bigger the difference, the better the cooling.
mine will freeze you out of the truck on max a/c but i cant adjust the temp on max a/c

Old 04-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Crash687
Posting Guru
Crash687 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Lashlaroo

what the mech. did not tell you that the new systems use R-134a and the stuff does not transfer as much heat as the older R-12 systems. The bad part is that R-134a seperates when it leaks (loses parts of the chemicals that it is composed of) and the "recharge in a can" may only work once or twice before you have to completely drain, evacuate, and recharge the system.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:48 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
SBV45 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SBV45 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine works great. I have a white truck with a gray cloth seats and gray interior. Not real flashy but here in Central Texas a black interior and black seats didn't make much sense to me.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
Choctaw Bob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine is ice cold in central Texas. Yours will be too!

Old 04-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Tulsa_Texan
New User
Tulsa_Texan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightbulb

This may be the answer from http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/60bulletin.htm

2004 F-Series/Excursion Lack of A/C Cooling:
Trucks built between 12-1-03 to 1-26-04 may have strands of insulation trapped between the compressor and refrigerant line manifold. The system will need to be recovered and the the insulation removed from the joint. The tube and manifold assembly (4C3Z-19D850-CA) may be reused if it is undamaged, but the o-rings (1F1Z-19E889-AB) should be replaced. Broadcast Message 1118.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air conditioning on my new truck not impressive

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.