Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Free Cleveland Heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 09:44 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Cleveland Heads

I have a set of 2-V Cleveland heads sitting in my garage that are in my way, free to a good home! They are casting #D1AE and are real Clevelands, not 351M's. They are NOT complete, only have the valves. They have been sitting on a shelf in my garage and are rusty, but the valves still go in & out so they aren't seized. I am absolutely certain they can be cleaned-up and rebuilt (and I seem to remember they were checked for cracks when I bought them, but I won't guarranty that). If they can't be rebuilt, what the hey- the price is right, huh? I got them about 15 years ago for a 351 "Clevor" project I was going to put into my old '69 Mustang back when I worked for NAPA, but I got married, bought a house, and, well, you know the rest.

Anyone who is interested in them just email me. I'll answer any and all questions, and can easily take digital pix if it helps. First come, first served. I am in Maple Grove.

Old 04-16-2004, 12:07 AM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I may be interested if you still have them. If you could snap a couple pics I would appreciate it.

Old 04-18-2004, 12:07 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Got your email. Been offline for a few days. I'll send you some pix today.

BTW, I can't email you directly from this site since I'm still new here. I hope the email I recvd from you makes it to you (with a "reply") 'cuz it's the only way for me to reach you.

Jim

Old 04-18-2004, 12:39 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by subcoolman
Got your email. Been offline for a few days. I'll send you some pix today.

BTW, I can't email you directly from this site since I'm still new here. I hope the email I recvd from you makes it to you (with a "reply") 'cuz it's the only way for me to reach you.

Jim

I'm not sure if a reply will work like that so I will just send you another one with my email address in it.

Old 04-18-2004, 01:02 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Got it- Thanks!

Pix on the way.

Jim

Old 04-21-2004, 12:19 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
if you dont get them , i am rebuilding a cleveland and might be able to use them. i would appreciate it. if its first come, i am on my way out the door...lol.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Got your email (at least I think it was you!). I've been offline alot lately, so I haven't checked-in here. "Parks911" contacted me first, and fair is fair. We are working out a meeting place, but if it falls apart I'll let you know. You could probably contact him to see if he is really in need of them. Maybe he'll say "the heck with it". I just hate throwing things away. It makes no difference to me where they go!

Jim

Old 04-21-2004, 07:36 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by innecity4wheelin
if you dont get them , i am rebuilding a cleveland and might be able to use them. i would appreciate it. if its first come, i am on my way out the door...lol.
If your in the cities area & can get to him then you can pick em up. I don't really need them. I was just going to hold onto them until a buddy of mine decides to rip his car apart.

I won't be able to get down to the cities for a couple weeks, so if you can get to them first them be my guest.

Old 04-22-2004, 02:37 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
cool, i am planning on rebuilding my cleveland and i would hate to pass you up on your offer to only find out i have to track one down for my rebuild....lol. for a set that was only produced 4 years its getting harder.
yea jim that was me that mailed you so, i see what u r saying about being fair n all, i woulda done the same thing. i just get excited about ford parts...lol.. if you want to send me a mail back or want me to send you another one, let me know so i could swing by. think you r like 30-45 min away from me .,
lance

Old 04-22-2004, 08:15 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Thanks "parks". As I said, first come, first served, and you asked first. If he backs out and doesn't want them I'll shoot you an email. They aren't going anywhere.

Jim

Old 04-24-2004, 08:31 AM
subcoolman
Senior User
Hey "innecity4wheelin"-

I'm having trouble with the Comcast email account and I can't get online with them to send or receive email (Sat. morning). Here's the deal- my brother-in-law never called me last night about getting help putting in his dock so I don't know what to tell you. I think I gave you my number (which is unlisted and unpublished), and I should be home most of the weekend. I'll leave the answering machine on, and I'll also have a cell phone with me. I'd like to give you the number here, but it's my wifes phone and she's a privacy nut. If I get online with Comcast's email I'll give you all of this info.

Sorry!

Jim

Old 04-29-2004, 08:47 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Did you guys do the swap yet?

Old 04-30-2004, 01:56 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
yea,
thanks again subcoolman,

Old 05-01-2004, 08:15 PM
subcoolman
Senior User
Parks-
Yeah, he came over and got them. Gonna be using them on a build coming up real soon, so at least they went to a good home. That's all I was lookin' for.

Jim