Trailer wiing harness for 2003 Ford Windstar

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 04:18 PM
robodeb
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer wiing harness for 2003 Ford Windstar

Would any one know if the wiring has changed from 2000 Ford Windstar to 2003 for wiring harness for trailer towing package. I have the conversion ford parts but I cannot find 1 plug inside righthand rear compartment. Thanks Bob

Old 03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
There was a recall on the Windstar for a corrosion and contamination issue created by the factory assemblers who failed to seal one of the seams on the body. This was the Skip Sealer recall and the repair procedure included cutting off or sealing over the trailer tow connector. If your vehicle was included in that recall you will find the wiring loom dangling down in the cavity wrapped in a dense tar like wrapping over the wiring. If the tech found the connector was contaminated he was to cut off the pigtail hard shell connector and the individual wires were to have been sealed over with heatshrink type but connectors and then wrapped with the sealant patch. Then they applied body sealer to the gap left by the lack of sealant on the seam. Dig around in there and you should find either the connector itself wrapped over or the wiring.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:23 PM
robodeb
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Homerwinslow for that information. I work at the plant where they make the Windstar (now the Freestar) I have found out sinse my last post that they have changed the 1 connector on the 2003 to a square type instead of the oblong connector(wouldnt you have known) Now I have to start splicing as the wires look the same colour. But anyway the sealer problem was caused by a robot which applies that sealer but no one noticed before a ton of cars past through.
Bob