2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mp3

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 07:40 AM
tlincoln
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whiskerbiscuit,
Yes, they are willing to swap it out for free, I just have to make the 2.5 hour drive there and back. The salesman just probably wants me to stop calling. They've been a good dealership so far helping me out.

My case was this, if it's on the window sticker, and I paid an extra $300 for this option, and I don't get it at the time of sale, then that's false advertising. It's like if I bought a house and it was supposed to come with a dishwasher, but when moving in to the house, the previous owners take the dishwasher with them. Not a huge item in relation to the entire purchase, but damn, it's nice to have and we have the right to having it.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:10 AM
tlincoln
New User
Update:
The dealer replaced it for me for free, but here is a new problem (also listed in another thread).

Has anyone else ran into this? Looking for solutions. The only disadvantage is the mp3 capable player seeks the stations from the wheel vs. scrolling through the presets, I'd rather have the scroll feature.

I have a problem. I am going to contact JCI on Monday or Tuesday, but I thought I'd ask here as well.
I have a 05 Screw with Audiophile and FES. I swapped out the Visteon radio (non mp3 with the Delphi (w/ mp3). The Delphi was from an 05 truck with Audiophile, but without DVD. Now the Delphi doesn't recognize the DVD is installed on the CanBUS. I was able to get some great technical help from Delphi, they asked me to check the latest cal on the radio (by pressing 3 and 6 buttons I believe), it has the latest (kh), and they think it's just not able to communicate. They thought it was a plug-n-play radio, and no software change was made from JCI when the switch was made in Dec 04 at the factory. The DVD worked fine with the Visteon. Here's my symptoms:
When a DVD is inserted, it will begin to play up to the root menu. If I try to hit Play, it doesn't respond. Then after 5-10 seconds, it goes to a black screen, but the disc can still be heard spinning. When pressing buttons 3 and 5 on the head unit, nothing happens, when pressing 2 and 4 on the head unit, the volume of the radio increase for a half of a second, then goes back to a normal output level. I can not get the headphone icon to display on the head unit. When I press the AUX button on the radio, it lists "AUX" for a split second, then lists, "NO AUX AUDIO". When I double tap on the AUX button, it list "NO DVD". I'm assuming when it list "AUX" for the split second, it's sending and recieving on the CAN, but doesn't get a signal back. I tried pulling fuses and pattery power overnight, that didn't help.

My question: Is there a software change when the radio suppliers where switched, or is there some other type of fix for this? I want to keep the Delphi, and I really want the FES. Delphi engineers are stumped. I'm in desperate need for a solution. I know it will work, these two components are rolling out of the factory as I type this.
Please advise.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:30 AM
bobbylh
Junior User
tlincoln, you might try taking the negative lead off the truck battery for a half hour or so. In other words, reboot the units together.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:35 AM
rambunctious
Senior User
The radios and DVD software versions unfortunately do not mix and match. with the Delphi radio requires the compatible JCI DVD player as the software is different. So the Dealership (and Ford) will need to also replace the dvd to make the upgrade complete. This coming from our electronics engineer that launched the product.

Hope this helps

Ramb
Chief Engineer - New Product Development, Overhead Products
Johnson Controls