Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Truck show/Ohio Chapter get-together

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, either my Mack, blue/white 69F100 sb, or my trailer(black 40ft Haulmark enclosed trailer). I should NOT be too hard to locate . I'll either be wearing my MACK shirt or probably a Holman&Moody t-shirt.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Ok, well it's getting close to get'n out for the weekend time. Going home and get the '69 loaded up in the trailer...(probably IN the rain , though it DOES need a bath anyway. It's pretty dusty from sitting all winter).

I think I will keep it simple and get some meat for sandwiches and some chips/dips/pop.

If I get some power to hook up to....I've got old hot rod/truck movies I could bring if the rain gets to us. I've got a generator hangin' on the truck, but it will be parked elsewhere. Just some ideas.

Weather man is calling for storms tomorrow, but who knows.

Old 05-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Well...another show in the books

For some STRANGE reason.....ALL the rain bypassed us up ALL day
Unreal!!!! It got to lookin' bad, but it stayed DRY all day

Anyhoo....glad to meet up with Rick and Ray(and son). While I was drug around by all the fellows in the antique truck club, I did get to spend time with them and talk shop (or FTE ). Things are rollin'
We're going to try to get this state(Ohio) moving and get people together for the usual.... , and show off our rides .

As for the rain.....I got hammered about 10 miles from home . It's a real bummer backing in my drive when you can't roll down the window . It eased up a bit and I made a dash for it. All is well and we're ready for another show.

Once again, Thanks for you guys that showed up. Some NEW friends were made and FOOD was eaten . It don't get any better than that!

Old 05-02-2004, 07:52 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Glad you had a good time at the show! For the record, I always check weather on Farmer's Almanac. They predict 2 yrs in advance & are 80% accurate compared to 85% accuracy with all the "new fangled" technology the TV weather people use! Check it out at www.farmersalmanac.com.
Are you guys planning on the Summit Show? I was there in 2001 & had a great time & was thinking I can try getting a NY Chapter event going too. It would be nice to meet our neighbors in OH! My Dad grew up there so I'm almost an Ohioan! LOL! I stll have relatives all around the Elyria/Akron/Cleveland areas. Shhhhh - don't tell them I'm coming out or I'll have to stop & visit them & won't get to the show! LOL!
Let us know about the show so we can plan on it ok? Thanks!
Cowlady/Angela
NY Chpter President

Old 05-03-2004, 07:35 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I think that was a great start to the upcoming season of shows and outings. Three of us got together and met for the first time and really enjoyed ourselves. The old rigs and work trucks there were just great. The people were friendly, the weather worked out, and we got our first truck for the "Ohio Ford Truck Workhorse Gallery". Stay tuned for more word on that as we're looking for a place to stick the gallery until Ken can get the solid gallery up in each chapter. Hope to see Ray and Larry again in the near future and meet the rest of you. Happy truckin' from Bruin52 in Zanesville.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:48 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
yes it was a good time and the weather was in our favor, my son and me had a great time looking at all the old work horses and even got our first ford work series picture, but we'll save it for the album once we get the album up and going....larry you got some neat toy's , the Mack was looking good
i'm looking forward to meet up with ya'll again......Larry and Ric are good people to meet and get to know... hey Nic are you going to join us?