Computer Chips & Tuners  

New Diablo, Very Happy

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 01:45 AM
BLEGOAT
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOW?, WHERE?, WHO?!!!
Who is the cat that I talk to to get a chip like this?????

Old 03-12-2004, 07:25 AM
ssn randy
Senior User
Glad you guys like the new chips!! Talked to motorhaven yesterday and due to the mods I've done to the truck am unable to get a chip. they explained that a tuner would give me the best benifit as the only thing I really need is the remapped A/F ratio and timing advances. Because of the shift kit, I would not need any improvement to the transmission shifting. Tuner would do the same thing with more options availible to use.

Great advice, they took the time to explain and am satified with the service I received yesterday. Went the extra mile to MAKE IT RIGHT!!

Will post results after the install.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2004, 08:41 AM
ChevySniper
Senior User
BLEGOAT

www.motorhaven.com

Ken is the man you want to talk to..

Old 03-12-2004, 09:41 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
SSN Randy,

Were you the customer with the EGR issue?

Old 03-13-2004, 01:09 AM
BLEGOAT
New User
Wwhat else should I do???? I want an *** kickin truck. I want to eat 5.0's for lunch, and 5.7's for dinner.
What do I need to do???????

Old 03-13-2004, 07:29 AM
ssn randy
Senior User
Ken,
Yes I was. I still don't understand what the EGR had to do with anything. Maybe you could explain better as I didn't get an explaination on the phone other than "no can do". Disappointed that I'm stuck with a tuner. Wanted the 92-93 octane performance instead of generic.
Randy

Old 03-13-2004, 08:22 AM
openclasspro
Senior User
tuner vs diablo chip

Originally posted by ssn randy
Glad you guys like the new chips!! Talked to motorhaven yesterday and due to the mods I've done to the truck am unable to get a chip. they explained that a tuner would give me the best benifit as the only thing I really need is the remapped A/F ratio and timing advances. Because of the shift kit, I would not need any improvement to the transmission shifting. Tuner would do the same thing with more options availible to use.

Great advice, they took the time to explain and am satified with the service I received yesterday. Went the extra mile to MAKE IT RIGHT!!

Will post results after the install.

Thanks
my boss and i have same trucks-03's
same 5.4, same gears, same pcm code
same mods- maganflow 15609 exhaust, mac air intake
he superchips tuner 1715- me- diablo chip- it's not even a race when we race - wheteher from stop light 20 mph rollon. 50 mph roll on, etc- the diablo chip is much more aggresive tuning-my $.02

Old 03-13-2004, 12:48 PM
AG4.0
Posting Guru
BLEGOAT, what kind of truck do you have? Regardless, the exhaust and intake are the next best things you can do besides the chip. It all depends on how much ca$h you're willing to put up. Other popular mods are electric fans and pullies to take a bit of the load off of your motor. If you do an intake, do a real cold air kit with a heat shield. This gives you more cool air which is denser giving you more power and mileage. Do some searching on the forums, you will find some other ideas to get that extra bit of power out of your motor.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:33 AM
ssn randy
Senior User
Ken,
Now that I have had time to think, am concerned about the EGR issue. Am I hurting the truck? My SC Tuner will arrive today, should I not do anything yet?

After reading all the stuff about the Diablo chips and positive reports about they "KICK @$%*", truthfully "CRUSHED" that you could not chip my truck. If this is something that I can fix so that I my chip it, tell me. I don't drive over 100mph, truck shifts from 1-2 @5500rpm, just want better performance as you can see from the mods I've done so far.

MONEY IS NO OBJECT!!!

I have a dyno shop 5 minutes away. 3 pulls with A/F ratio graphs $75.

Waiting for the word from YOU.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:31 PM
AG4.0
Posting Guru
Well, I tried to test my highway mileage this weekend. I went to visit my parents, about a 120 mile drive. Of course I had to be heading right into about a 20-25 mph wind. I could tell I wasn't getting the best mileage due to the wind, but knew it was suppsoed to be windy the next day too, so I thought, well, maybe the wind tommorrow will make up the difference. Would you believe a front came through and the wind did a complete 180, so I ended up driving into about a 15-20 mph wind again today on my way back. So I only ended up getting 16.23 mpg for the trip doing 75 mph. My best at 75 is 19 no wind in the summer. On another note, my in town mileage seems to be better after the 1st tank through it, and that was running it hard and enjoying the new chip. My city mileage was almost 16 where I usually average 14-15. I will give more thorough results after I've had it long enough to get more solid data. Even if my mileage doesn't get better on the highway, it's still worth the cost of premium for the extra power you get out of it.