Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Life's Funny Like That.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 03:24 PM
stiffysteele
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life's Funny Like That.

Monday night I took the family out for dinner and on the return trip stopped in to fill her up. The 250 not my wife. As I turned in a 350 pulled up right behind me, a Chevy Duramax, and a Dodge Cummins pulled up on the other side of the pumps. It didn't get my attention untill all four of the drivers got out and faced each other like we were at the OK corral and about to have a shoot out. As I started to fill her up, I noted to the 350 how good a truck she looked. The driver returned a kind word about mine. Thats when the fun really began, the dodge guy noted to the chevy guy about how ford guys are all like that. That we were all a bunch of sissies mostly concerned about how our trucks looked not how they performed. Oh how that ruffled my 350 driving, new found friends feathers. He explained how he had his 350 installed with a new three option chip, and showed him the 4' pipe all the way back. I took over and showed him the oilguard, the gauges and the AIS. The chevy guy seamed to let down his posture a little and complimented us on how good ford's were and how his next one is going to be a 350. The dodge guy just wouldn't give in. As we drove off he remarked how he'd still rather be cummin than stroken. I yelled out " But it does ya no good if ya keep cummin to early, and that ladies like the BIG strokes."
Earlier today I saw my dodge pal pulled over on 123 and i just tooted and laughed. Seems he, like so many dodge owners, came to soon.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:34 PM
jamesbfishin
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Poetic justice, good story. The Dodge guys are just too stubborn, and the Chevy guys, well they know we have them beat. The reason why they made the comment about the Ford guys being concerned with how the trucks look, is because they look good, the new Chevys and Dodges are hideous.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:21 PM
78fordman
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love getting into a conversation with a die hard chevy fan, when i start explaining powerband concepts to them and on how ford has more low end torque, and that ford power band looks like a plain, where chevies is more like a mountain so you have less power. I start explaining chevies history about diesels and their newfounded pile called the duracrap, they do not say a word, besides i would rather have my chevy, LOL. I drive a chevy because thats what was given to me, but here in about a month i will by driven my 78 furd, take a look in my gallery, that will turn some chevy loves heads. 390 big block will take those 350's to the cleaners.