Question for 1956MarkII on X-Plan

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 09:14 AM
ggarrahan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question for 1956MarkII on X-Plan

Jeff- When someone purchases a vehicle with the X-Plan, does Ford rebate all or part of the X-Plan discount to the dealer after the purchase? I'm asking this because I see dealers out here in California advertising $6500 off MSRP on 2004 Thunderbirds, but I qualify for the X-Plan. So, I'd like to pay the X-Plan price less the dealer's $6500 discount if the dealer is getting an additional rebate or kickback from Ford because I used the X-Plan. By the way, have you gotten the 'Vair out yet this year, or is it still too cold in New York? And, how do you like the new T-Birds? Thanks for any info!

Old 03-09-2004, 10:27 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
What Ford does is pay the dealer about 2% of the X-Plan price as a commission for handling the sale. The discount from MSRP down to X-Plan is gone; we don't get it back. So, trying to get x-plan AND $6500 off sticker is a tall order, probably too tall. In fact, that "$6500 off MSRP" may actually be lower than x-plan (I'm sure it includes rebates). As always, give me your ZIP and I'll tell you what incentives you qualify for.

Did you see the 'Vair, uh, I mean "the '57 Mark II" in my gallery? I'm afraid that's still in the garage, still covered up. This is the toughest time of year to live in New York, 'cause the cabin fever is really starting to build. Man, I can't wait to get that car out, with the top down!

I think the 'Birds are great! I had one for a weekend last July, and I fell in love with it. I know some car magazines were disappointed, but they were expecting an all-out SPORTS car; a Ferrari F40 the 'Bird is NOT. It is, however, a true "grand-touring" vehicle: quick, nimble, comfortable. If I had the bucks, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Old 03-09-2004, 10:34 AM
ggarrahan
Elder User
Jeff- My zip is 95070. That Corvair is one of the best looking I've ever seen. I really like the wire wheel covers and the luggage rack. I know this is a Ford site, but that's one neat car. Thanks for the info. on the X-Plan and your impression of the T-Bird. Now, should I wait for the new Mustang, or go for the 'Bird. We'll see!

Old 03-09-2004, 08:00 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally posted by ggarrahan
Jeff- My zip is 95070. That Corvair is one of the best looking I've ever seen. I really like the wire wheel covers and the luggage rack. I know this is a Ford site, but that's one neat car. Thanks for the info. on the X-Plan and your impression of the T-Bird. Now, should I wait for the new Mustang, or go for the 'Bird. We'll see!
Ooooh, tough question. The new Mustang is one attractive car, but if the 'Bird is within budget, that's the way I'd have to go.

Thanks for the kind comments on the Monza. She is my baby; believe it or not, the photos in the gallery don't begin to do it justice. The car looks "dirty" here, she was spotless when I photographed it- weird. It's won more awards than I care to count, and people actually stop me at traffic lights to ask about it. THAT'S what makes caring for an old car worthwhile.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:32 AM
ggarrahan
Elder User
Jeff- I went down to the local Ford dealer to look at the T-Bird. The salesman comes out, I ask if he would unlock the T-Bird so I could sit in it, He says sure, but you won't fit. I'm 6'2", and guess what, he was right. Scratch the T-Bird. Too bad, it is a beautiful car, but the salesman told me they sell most of them to 70 year old women, I was surprised!! Then, went to the Chevy dealer and test drove a 2004 Corvette convertible. Wow, that is some car. Not the speed, but when I took it out on the freeway with the top down, there was almost no wind noise at 65 mph. I was really pleased. And, I fit in the car, plus out here they are giving 10K-11K off MSRP because the new Vettes are comming out in the fall. Didn't but one yet, but can't stop thinking about it.