Can you buy a Ford direct from manufacturer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 11:01 PM
ironwarriorxxx
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you buy a Ford direct from manufacturer?

Does anyone know of a way to buy a Ford direct from the manufacturer and bypass the dealership to save money.
I know just the cost in transporting the vehicle to the dealer is like 900.00. I live in California and would love to be able to buy one direct to save and then drive and pickup the vehicle myself .

I found a forddirect website, but that just allows you to customize what you want and they a local dealer calls you to provide you with the pricing.

Old 02-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Good question but I doubt you could.
Maybe check into how Ford Assembly Plant employees purchase trucks or cars.

Old 02-28-2004, 11:40 PM
ironwarriorxxx
Junior User
Yeah, I know a lady who is a nurse who works for a Toyota plant in WV... will have to ask her. Maybe she could point me in the right direction. Sure would love to bypass those greedy money hungry dealers.. I would rather not pay one of their salesmans salary for the month with my purchase.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:39 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll bet that one of the largest purchasers of Fords every year is Hertz. You know what? EVERY VEHICLE that they buy goes through a dealership somewhere in the U.S. Like it or not, if you want a new Ford, you'll have to buy it from a dealer. If you hang around here long enough, you'll find that it is getting better, though. It seems to me that, from the posts on this site, there are more and more dealers willing to deal on a "factory-direct" basis of selling (one set, deeply-discounted price, no commissioned salespeople, etc...). The problem is FINDING these dealerships near you.

It sounds like you may be a candidate for the FTE purchase program. E-mail me through the blue profile button at the bottom of this message, and I'll give you the information on it.

Old 02-29-2004, 10:15 AM
TxLimo
Senior User
Originally posted by 1956MarkII

It sounds like you may be a candidate for the FTE purchase program.
I'm cringing as I ask (I know the answers probably been given already on this one, but I couldnt find it)... But whats the FTE purchase program?

I plan to order early in the week.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-mail MarkII (Jeff) and find out.

Jeff works at a dealership.

Old 02-29-2004, 01:30 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
MarkII- can you email me about the FTE purchase program? I do not have enough posts to access your email. Or can someone post his email addy for me? My dad is looking into getting some fords for his oil company. Thanks

Old 02-29-2004, 02:29 PM
bajaron
Senior User
Ironwarriorxxx

There is a dealer in So Cal that will give you the best price that
I have found around here. E-mail me and i will give you his e-mail address.
1956MarkII also has good price's,
Also you have your e-mail setup not to receive E-Mails

Old 02-29-2004, 10:22 PM
ironwarriorxxx
Junior User
1956MarkII / bajaron,

Thanks for your response.. Let me setup my email address within my profile settings. I would appreciate the information.

Last edited by ironwarriorxxx; 02-29-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:54 AM
FordRuss
Senior User
I'm in the same boat...

I'm a new member, live in So. California & don't have enough Posts to email yet.. Please email me the info (FTE Program & SO. Cal. Dealer) as well!!

Thanks,

Russ

Old 03-01-2004, 12:13 PM
msu_fan
Freshman User
I would also like to get some information about the FTE purchase program

Old 03-01-2004, 03:23 PM
ironwarriorxxx
Junior User
Thanks Bajaron....

I found a helpful link as well where you can build your own truck with options and so fourth and will be provided with both MSRP and the invoice cost of the truck. I guess you can purchase through this fleet discount as well... But if anything, it helps with negotiation. You should always at least know the invoice prices.

Anyway here is the link... http://www.fordfleet.com/
I guess it may be part of this site, since it has the FTE logo on top...who knows

Last edited by ironwarriorxxx; 03-01-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:06 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
fordfleet.com has nothing to do with FTE or Ford Motor Company. Anytime you post a link here, it will open with a new window and the FTE banner at the top. fordfleet.com is just a referral service that hooks you up with dealers in your area- you still have to negotiate the price. This WOULD be a helpful site if they kept it up-to-date. I just tried to build a 2004 F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4, and it came back as a 2001 model, with 2001 pricing and specifications. Edmunds or CarsDirect is far more accurate.

Old 03-01-2004, 06:23 PM
ironwarriorxxx
Junior User
1956MarkII,

Thank you for clearing up the FTE logo on top.
I didn't have time to look at it closely prior to posting, but now as you pointed out I can see that your right. It is just another site that provides you with MSRP/invoice pricing, then directs you to your nearest dealer... It's funny you mentioned that you received a 2001 quote. I too received that at first, but after going back and selecting the pulldown menu in the beginning for 2004 it accurately displayed the options.

I still think it is helpful to give you at least an idea of what you should be paying.. I stumbled across a few more here as follows that I will share...

1. Ford Direct
2. Invoice Dealers
3. Autobytel
4. Stoneage
5. CarsDirect

The only one I really checked so far is Forddirect.com, but the others may be helpful as well "who knows".

Old 03-01-2004, 08:43 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally posted by ironwarriorxxx
1956MarkII,
...I still think it is helpful to give you at least an idea of what you should be paying...
Oh, absolutely. I'd be the last one to criticize a consumer for educating themselves; it's the first step in purchasing a vehicle, and probably the most important. I was just pointing out that it's the QUALITY of information that's so important. Some people actually believe that, if it's on the Internet, it must be true! And look at the disparity of info available. I can look up trade-in values on Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds, and NADA for the same vehicle, and there can be a spread of $3000. So, which one's right? Who knows.

I was surfing the 'net last night for "vehicle purchase advice." There's a lot of it out there, and most of it will lead you down a path of total frustration. It's well-intentioned information, but of very little REAL value. Me thinks I'll have to work on rectifying that one of these days.................

Quick Reply: Can you buy a Ford direct from manufacturer?