Looking to order a 2004 Ranger Tremor 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Eliot
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to order a 2004 Ranger Tremor 4x4

I was looking to get a 2004 Ranger Tremor 4x4 in the next couple of months. I am looking at ordering b/c I am having a real hard time finding just ONE on a dealer lot. I am looking to take delivery in July. I talked to my local dealer and he said that they stop production in June so April and May would be a good time to order and they would put it in with the latest order batch possible. 1956MarkII I noticed you have helped a lot of people out, I don't live too far from Rochester and was wondering if you and others could shed some light on production end dates, how "limited production" this truck really is and what can I look to pay for this thing in the long run. I would have emailed but I just registered and am waiting for the approval to clear. Thanks for the help

Old 02-18-2004, 11:13 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the problem: we had 2 plants building Rangers, Edison, NJ, and Twin Cities, MN. They're closing the Edison plant, and the last Ranger will come off the line there before the end of this month. Ford is currently showing that the last day to submit an order for a 2004 Ranger is June 11th, but that could change quite a bit if they get more orders than they currently anticipate, ESPECIALLY with us going from 2 plants to one. Also, the Tremor is somewhat limited in availablility, and it's not unusual for options like this one to run out before the end of the year. Again, it's all supply and demand. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, with current conditions, I don't know if I'd wait till the very last minute to order one of these.

As for purchasing and numbers, just e-mail me when you get it set up and we'll go from there. You may already have e-mail; go into your profile and make sure that it's set for you to receive e-mails from other FTE members. The initial default is always set on "no," so you have to change that yourself. Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Eliot
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That news is kinda bittersweet, but very helpful. I was wondering if you could go ahead and email me with your information and what dealer you are at. I would like to definately start talk to you about putting an order together. I was hoping to take delivery around July so that I wouldn't have to start paying untill August (graduation college and start my job in august), but pushing the date up shouldn't be a problem specially if there is a chance that the Tremor might run out. Also I am driving one of the last 6 Crown Vic's ever released out of the facotry(mom's old car HA) and wouldn't mind stepping into the truck sooner. I was thinking that maybe I should push up the order date to the mid or end of next month. Just let me know where I can reach ya and we can start looking into if ordering the tremor might still be an option. By the way you are already 50 times more helpful than the dealers around me. Thanks again in advance.