1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

... and the German is still alive !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Kai
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ... and the German is still alive !!!

Hello All,

... hope you still remember the German with the flat orange Autobahn Monster (...54 F100).

Have not been here for a while. Reason is: my wife made me pull the Motor from our 67 Mustang Convertible. That kept me busy over the past few month and I am still not done. Oh well ...

But it is not that the truck dos not get any attention at all. Bought some parts over the past few weeks (6" tall K&N Airfilter and some other good stuff from Summit as well as some truck parts from NPD now that they also carry these). Just had all the pulleys and brackets powder coated and pulled the Harmonic Balancer and painted it. Plan on getting that back on next weekend and then fire the engine up.

Really really hope to at least drive the truck a little bit this summer.

Thanx for listening.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:17 PM
51dueller
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Good to hear from you!

Old 02-15-2004, 03:37 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The long dreary winter slogs on without George... we seldom hear or see anything from John, our Canadian brother is busy on his rear end work... even the ubiquitous 'fenders is heard from less and less. Is this the winter of our discontent? Although no one is essaying silly songs (I am not encouraging this!), no one has stirred up much action... and just when we are feeling that this long tedious winter will never end..... our favorite German returns! Hi, Kai. Thanks for the flat orange brightness to put a warm glow on our dreadfully long and tiresome winter. Glad to see you back on the board. We'll be looking for some pics of this driving around this summer. You may just get under the 20 year wire for completion of stage one if you keep up the good work.
Nice to hear from you. himmelberg

Old 02-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Huntsman
Posting Guru
Good to hear from you again Kai, Hope you can get started soon on your truck but I do understand that you have to keep the wife happy first. Good luck

Old 02-16-2004, 08:03 AM
fatfords
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kai,
Great to hear from you and good to see you are still making progress.
Whilst Himmel is still trudging through winter in west Texas, I have found new hope-a sign of spring, if you will. Here in north Texas, we normally have one snow/ice storm per year. Saturday morning found a beautiful 2-3" blanket of the strange white stuff. By evening, it was mostly gone and the 60 degree weather on Sunday begged me to wash my wife's car!

Hope to see you on the board more often!

Old 02-16-2004, 09:23 AM
5356f100
Junior User
Kai I used to live in Hanau between 70 and 74. Went to highschool in Frankfurt. I loved it!

Old 02-16-2004, 09:45 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Kai

Good to here from you Kai. Himmel is right, the place is really different without most of the oldtimers posting regular. But the place is in good hands with our newer members.

Himmel

Sorry to here about your bad W. Texas winter. You didn't give us any specifics. What's up? Did a 100 year frost kill your tomaters or something?

Old 02-16-2004, 10:56 AM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
'fenders

I hate to be the doom and gloom guy around here, but, truth be told we have hardly had any winter days in the low 80's. The best we can do lately is in the 60's. This has been going on since November... and I'm not the only one here in the desert who has had enough! We even had a dusting of SNOW the other day. That stinks. Winter stinks. Sorry for the dreary outlook... even a nice brisk sunny 70 would be welcome right now. Must be global warming is over. the frigid himmelberg

Old 02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
billsco
Elder User
Originally posted by himmelberg
Although no one is essaying silly songs (I am not encouraging this!), no one has stirred up much action...
Glad you asked. How about this:

Someone left the cake out in the rain
all the sweet green icing's flowing down
and I don't think that I can take it
cuz it took too long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe againnnnnnnnnn
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 12:20 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Billsco

Kai, glad to hear your doing okay. Not sure if you have decided on this yet, but what kind of steering wheel do you plan to run? Just curious. -4speed

Old 02-16-2004, 12:25 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
"The best we can do lately is in the 60's."

Sorry Peter, I didn't know it was this bad. Have you guys called FEMA yet? I know we're imaginary efriends and all, but could you shut up!

'fenders

"In the middle of finally repairing two driveshafts that exploded on the Bronco in an Iowa snowdrift. Honestly less than 50 feet from my garage door. Carl warned me about that 351W power!

Old 02-16-2004, 12:30 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Originally posted by billsco
Glad you asked. How about this:

Someone left the cake out in the rain
all the sweet green icing's flowing down
and I don't think that I can take it
cuz it took too long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe againnnnnnnnnn
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Even Niolon could top that little ditty (sp?). You just give us the word Himmel and we're on it.

Old 02-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Kai
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Cooool. My old buddies are still around. I know I should come back much more often. Anyway ...

Here's a pic proofing that I am still wrenching blue oval stuff ...

... but as I said, still do this and that on the truck. Painted the harmonic balancer last night. It's one of these universal ones from Summit (has the 3 and the 4 hole pattern - good stuff). Had it new some month ago, but it comes unpainted and you guessed it: it was pretty rusty after just a short period.

4-Speed. My steering wheel has been with me since I bought the truck. It is one of these super cheapo vintage Grants as you can see here ...

I will be flying to Connecticut for two days and then to Seattle for another three next weekend. There's a nice box with Summit stuff at a buddies house and then I will fill up one piece of luggage at Mustang Unlimited (Manchester, CT). Maybe I get me a camshaft or something.

See you later.

Old 02-16-2004, 02:15 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
"4-Speed. My steering wheel has been with me since I bought the truck. It is one of these super cheapo vintage Grants as you can see here ..."

Vintage CAG

"Worldwide Cool"

Old 02-16-2004, 02:33 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
LMAO! I actually kind of like his big grant. Hope your trip to the states is good, -4speed

Quick Reply: ... and the German is still alive !!!