Notices
Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Rim Question For Big Tires

Old 02-12-2004, 08:44 PM
I love GRITS
New User
I love GRITS is starting off with a positive reputation.
A Rim Question For Big Tires

Thanks you guys for responding so quickly to my previous question about the rim size. I want to get a 6" superlift and run 35 inch tires - yall said it woudl be better to not run them on stock wheels; why is this? and would somethin like Eagle 589's work? ----THanks

Old 02-13-2004, 01:27 AM
SoCalDesertRider
Postmaster
SoCalDesertRider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The stockers are too skinny for that wide tire. Any wheel that fits the truck, is wide enough for the tire, and is rated to handle the load capacity of the truck will work. I'm not familiar with Eagle 589's sizes. If they come in 16x10 with 8 hole lug pattern for 3/4 tons, they should work. You won't need a 6" lift to run 35's on that F250. I run 33's with no lift on my F350 and other F350's are running 35's with no lift. Your 250 may be a little shorter, but not much. 4" lift would be plenty for 35's, probably too much, maybe 2" would even do it.

Old 02-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Silver_Bullit
Freshman User
Silver_Bullit is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would say that depending upon the tire width, you could/shouldn't use the OEM wheels.

For 35's that are 12.5" wide I would sugest 10" wide wheels. For 35X14.5 I would sugest 12" wide wheels.

For the most part you want to keep the tread patch flat with the road. This way the truck handles well and the tires wear smooth. If the sidewalls are pulled inward to much from a narrow tire the truck will handle badly and the middle of the tires will wear out long before the outer edge does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.