Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Banks Power Upgrade

Old 02-12-2004, 12:13 PM
terry/spike
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks Power Upgrade

Okay, Heres the latest on the outer body experiences while installing the new turbo housing and power elbow. I would strongly suggest that it would have been easier to hire a height challanged mechanic to access the rear clamp bolts as this 60+ oldman got into positions only imagined by the best contortionists in the world.Perhaps if I were younger it would have been easier. Its installed!! Hint- If you wonder how to take off the old compressor blades fear not , Banks said gently place it in a vise and go from there. Next challange is the transmission control module and wiring, I will be heeding the tip handed to me by not installing the exhaust system as the module connector is right next to it (exhuast pipe). Question, What have you done with the cold start actuator rod that is left dangling after the exhaust contrl valve body is replaced with the power elbow? Banks said in there infinite wisdom let hang no harm no foul.
Thank you for all the help..

Old 02-13-2004, 12:02 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question, What have you done with the cold start actuator rod that is left dangling after the exhaust contrl valve body is replaced with the power elbow? Banks said in there infinite wisdom let hang no harm no foul.
Thats sort of true. If you unplug the wiring harness from the actuator you'll probably be ok. If you left it plugged in then it will definately leak.

The easiest fix would be to unplug the actuator and slip a small section of 3/8" rubber tubing over the actuator rod to keep it from bouncing around.

Search this Thread