Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM seat upholstery kits website?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:11 AM
coplin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OEM seat upholstery kits website?

Does anyone know if someone out there makes seat panel replacements(NOT SEAT COVERS). I don't want to go to a trim shop, I like to do my own work. Basically if I could find matching seat panel upholstery I can handle the hog rings re/re; new foam and such. I just can't sew so I couldn't make panels from scratch. If this post makes any sense or someone here has gone this route before I'd like here from you.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
mbrockway120
New User
f150 leather replacement

Ford F-150 Leather Seats - LeatherSeats.com

however they are pretty expensive...

Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Roger T. Pipe
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did this around 5 years ago. I wanted new covers for my '96 XLT but of course no one sells them. I went to the local junkyard and found a filthy nasty '96 XLT seat I paid something like 20 bucks for because it was so bad. I brought it to an upholstery shop & they "de-engineered" it, meaning they took the old panels apart and simply made new ones from the patterns. It wasn't expensive at all...I think around 95 bucks or so. The only place that hog rings are used is on the actual back part of the bench-the piece thats covered with heavy-duty cardboard. All the other parts are secured on by these plastic hook type things that attach to the frame of the seat. This is assuming that you have a bench seat, not buckets.
So I know this doesn't answer your question since you didn't want to go to a shop, but you might be surprised-most of the smaller ones aren't expensive at all. I think that just the seat covers from LMC are more expensive than what I paid! Good luck~
Roger

Old 12-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Kapusta
Cargo Master
Received 1,715 Likes on 641 Posts
Try these guys SMS
I've had good luck with them when back when I restored cars.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
I found some NOS upholstery for my truck on Ebay a while back.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:54 AM
NavyMIDN08
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I used stockinteriors.com for my new carpet on my 95, and my dad used automotiveinteriors.com for his seat covers. Look for a cover that says it includes the hog rings, thats normally a good sign its a replacement, and not just a slip on cover.

I say do the carpet while You've got the seat out. I put new carpet in mine, as well as sound insulation on the floor (frostking, idea courtesy of extreme makeover, ems truck edition), and took care of any minor surface rust. I'll try and post pics soon, but it transformed the cab, and gets lots of compliments.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:37 PM
ragtop69
New User
Foam seat base

I just bought a '95 Bronco and the driver's side seat needs repair. I'm guessing that the captain's chairs in the Bronco are the same as the ones used in other F series trucks. The twill fabric is worn in spots and the foam is crushed on the left bolster. I found the matching fabric at a local upholstery shop (luck) but I can't find any seat foam that is molded to the proper shape. An upholsterer can make one out of foam blocks with an electric knife, but it is expensive because of the labor involved and doesn't hold up as well long term because the molded ones have a nice, shiny surface from the mold that reduces friction with the fabric. Help!

Old 11-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ragtop69
I just bought a '95 Bronco and the driver's side seat needs repair. I'm guessing that the captain's chairs in the Bronco are the same as the ones used in other F series trucks. The twill fabric is worn in spots and the foam is crushed on the left bolster. I found the matching fabric at a local upholstery shop (luck) but I can't find any seat foam that is molded to the proper shape. An upholsterer can make one out of foam blocks with an electric knife, but it is expensive because of the labor involved and doesn't hold up as well long term because the molded ones have a nice, shiny surface from the mold that reduces friction with the fabric. Help!
There is Nothing wrong with the hand carved foam. it is the Same stuff as what came from the factory, if not better

Old 11-20-2017, 02:30 PM
ragtop69
New User
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
There is Nothing wrong with the hand carved foam. it is the Same stuff as what came from the factory, if not better
It'll be heavier foam material than the factory used, but my concern is that it will have a rougher surface than the factory foam, which might contribute to fabric wear as the material won't be able to move around a little when receiving butt contact. Given the number of F series trucks (I believe that the Bronco is basically an F150 from the doors forward) that Ford has put into service in the last 30 years one would think that there would be a market for repop set foam.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ragtop69
It'll be heavier foam material than the factory used, but my concern is that it will have a rougher surface than the factory foam, which might contribute to fabric wear as the material won't be able to move around a little when receiving butt contact. Given the number of F series trucks (I believe that the Bronco is basically an F150 from the doors forward) that Ford has put into service in the last 30 years one would think that there would be a market for repop set foam.
The fabric is NOT to move on the foam. That is why they used Velcro and hog rings to attach the fabric to the foam

Old 11-21-2017, 08:08 AM
tnab1970
Junior User
2nd on the stockinteriors.com , have bought a few sets of carpet and one seat cover.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:04 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
I'll ask outright, since none of these links on seat upholstery is productive.

Is there ANY supplier (Off the shelf) of factory style upholstery for 92-96 OBS, particularly Super-cab Captain's chairs? Or are these more properly high back buckets?

Either way:

Old 11-22-2017, 07:17 AM
jas88
Lead Driver

Received 355 Likes on 285 Posts
I found some NOS upholstery for my truck on Ebay a while back.
I did this as well for my '91. I thought I was so smart and then, when I took it to the upholstery shop to get it made into a seat cover, he had the same thing on his shelf! BTW if anyone goes looking for that, it is referred to as "body cloth".

Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 AM
jas88
Lead Driver

Received 355 Likes on 285 Posts
Is there ANY supplier (Off the shelf) of factory style upholstery for 92-96 OBS, particularly Super-cab Captain's chairs?
LMC Truck has some that look fairly close:

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Old 11-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by jas88
LMC Truck has some that look fairly close:
Haven't looked at LMC in ages, thanks.

Nice to have an all else fails fall back.

Have tossed around idea of grabbing a spare at the JY, stripping the upholsetry & pulling the stitching for pattern.

Shopping the job of sewing up replacement to a local upholsterer.

My wife hates the velour.

Quick Reply: OEM seat upholstery kits website?