Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Further Fuel Filter Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Rollie 1
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further Fuel Filter Info

The thread about changing the fuel filter mentions the one with a plastic washer-like item around the line.

Mine does not have plastic but has a clamp(?) around the line with wings on each side in front of a bell shaped connection from the fuel line. This is part of a piece that is flat for about an inch toward the fuel line and then has a squeezable clamp-like gizmo that extends about an inch from the line.

How does the special tool (which looks like a nutcracker) release the line and where does it go on this setup? I feel kind of dumb but I have looked at it and have trouble figuring how this device, which will turn around on the line, can hold the line tight under all the pressure of the fuel.

HELP!

Old 02-06-2004, 09:46 AM
whomrig
Elder User
Pull the clamp out of the way, the special tool goes around the inlet/outlet of the fuel filter inside the fuel line. at that point, push the tool into the fuel line to release the plastic retainer to remove the filter on both ends. the tool is designed to spread the plastic retainer for filter removal. there will be a little fuel spillage in the process.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:51 PM
CmprSpecial
Elder User
The fuel line attaches like a garage air fitting, except without the external release. Little barbs hold the line together. The tool releases the barbs so the line can come apart.

Cool design, but special tool is needed. I bought one at Advance auto made of metal. Some I have seen are made of plastic.