Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

The new Dodge Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Ev2Demon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. I'd say that's pretty close. Hard to be certain because of the way the shadow is castin the chamber. It is's not a true Hemi, it is prety close.

Tha valve angles look a bit steep, and it almost looks like the exhaust side is nearly flat, but like I said, it is prety close.

Perhaps I stand corrected?

Old 02-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Shinoda
Senior User
Yeah, that's what I thought too (it being pretty close.....)

Old 02-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Shinoda
Senior User
http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/slash_2/headcrack.jpg

That is REALLY good one, that's off of a BMW motorcycle.

Old 02-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Ev2Demon
Senior User
O.K, I was wrong. That one is a very good example.

However, I don't think I'd run that BMW one in it's current state.

Old 02-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Shinoda
Senior User
Yeah, I know, a wee bit cracked See, emissions on motorcycles isn't really an issue in most parts of the world, which of course, as you know, was the bain of the old hemi, which is, I'm assuming, why there are still a lot of hemi-style motorcycle motors, at least thats what I'm assuming

Old 02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
MountainHound
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by V10KLZZ71S
HEMI IS IN STYLE?
Yup! And that's what buying a Dodge 1500 with a "Hemi" is all about. Being in style. Case closed!

Old 02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
fordblue_ca
Senior User
Ford Trucks Rock! period!, And are the only trucks I would by. I don't really care what type of commercial they put out because every truck has it's good and bad points. But in the end there must be a reason why Ford sells more trucks than the competition. You can dress a truck up anyway you want to but if it doesn't have that blue oval on the front I don't care what it has to offer.

That's why I'm a Member of FTE.

That's why I drive a Ford not a Chevy or a Dodge!. Every morning when I start up that 7.3L Diesel I just have to smile! godda love it!

Joe

Old 02-04-2004, 11:56 PM
1991_f250
Junior User
Truck commercial

I sometimes wonder why people have to come on these site's and bash other brands or other peoples taste without ever experiencing what these people believe in. Most people choose a brand because the particular brand may have been a very good vehicle for them if the first car you ever owned, looked the way you wanted it too and never let you down you probably will stick with that brand. Now i grew up in a family where my parents were dodge fans and hey there entitled to that right my dad worked for ford for 30 years and still drove dodges. I on the other hand also work for ford but i drive ford vehicles, never have I ever been in a fight with my dad over which vehicle is superior his dodge has been in the shop for problems a few times but so what. I personally have had to look up and order more turbo's, exhaust manifolds and other various parts for the new 6.0 then i care to admit so think twice before you bash someones opinion, most take it personally. I work at couple of very large ford dealerships owned by the same man and I must say all new vehicles have there problems face it there is no real way to test how people will treat and drive there new vehicles it's a learning curve that every manufacturer must follow. All these companies are trying to do is sell vehicles which create jobs and competition drive what you like.

So be careful.

Thanx

Old 02-05-2004, 12:35 AM
jcreality
Senior User
nice to see that the threesome was able to make up, live, in front of us all!

Just keep the resultant cybersex in p.m.'s and email please.

Just kidding guys.......nice to see how we can be some times:

YES it is!!! NOOOOOOOOOO it's not! Well in that OTHER brand or OTHER model, it sure as heck was! OH YEAH?!! Well in THAT other brand/model, IT WAS NOT!!!!!!
Then someone with a voice of reason....... "otay....I'm sorry. Are you sorry? Good. But I was right. Well so was I... Okay, so let's go to the bar together now, cuz we're cool"

hehehe. Almost CUTE, guys!

"sure, we can go to the bar, but I'M drivin' cuz YOUR truck sux!"

*winx* hehehe

Old 02-05-2004, 01:03 PM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if all this hoopla would be occurring if dodge did not name the new engine hemi?No one ever speaks of any advantages or benefits of being labeled a hemi other than "i got a hemi"whoopy doo! I got a V10!
Now chevy has one too!
http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/hemi.php

Old 02-05-2004, 01:38 PM
wombie
New User
Whew. What a thread. Normally I stick to the older F100 forums here. Having owned both Fords and Dodges I always get a kick out of posts like this. They do the same thing on the Dodge forum. The truth is - the tranny problems your describing are more the older style tranny's, not the new electronic 5 speed autos. Even if there are problems - lets face it - I've grenaded trannys in ALL makes of trucks and cars - Dodge is selling their trucks with 7-70 warranty on the drivetrain. That was a big reason why the last time I bought I got an 03 1500. And yes, its got a hemi. Ya'll are correct - there are a TON of "hemi" type motors by all manufactured out there. Japanese, European, American and they have hemispherical heads or close to it. True - its a marketing ploy. BUT - its a marketing ploy that works because the motor is putting out 345 hp at the crank. And that is with it being choked out by the stock computer. I have a Dodge mole who tells me that when the mopar upgrade computer comes out it will be pushing 400hp (or more) at the crank. How many naturally aspirated truck motors are out there doing that?

Listen...I'm not a troll and I'm not even a Dodge fanatic. I've driven both and they are really close...BUT if you want drag your stock truck against mine - well..better bring cash!!!!!

Old 02-05-2004, 01:54 PM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Please wombie tell me you live close to New Orleans,please!Please make my dream come true which is to race a hemi.I almost had a chance the other day, there was one playing around in traffic, and he was sorta held up in the right lane so i nailed it so he could hear my exhaust which exit on the passenger side,blew by at 5200 rpms laying down the smack.Well a little later he caught up, i slowed,we were even, i looked over like "well?"Needless to say he knew he did not stand a chance,i deflated his Hemi.

Old 02-05-2004, 02:08 PM
wombie
New User
Hey I said I'll drag your STOCK truck!!! I haven't made any motor changes except for the airbox and exhaust so far.

Saw your gallery pics. Very nice. Here's some of mine http://homepage.mac.com/tcav/PhotoAlbum39.html

Now just to confuse folks more the plan is to build the 59 F100 with chevy 427. Now I'm sure to get flamed!

Old 02-05-2004, 02:29 PM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Thats cool, i just like jousting sometimes,nice truck!

Old 02-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Shinoda
Senior User
I've cooked a HEMI with my Mustang, that's about all I can say Was fun though, buddy driving it thought "I have a HEMI, I'm a gonna go whup me a 5.0L" but instead got his a$$ handed to him, was quite fun.

Quick Reply: The new Dodge Commercial