6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Friend of a Friend's Dodge Blew Up!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:21 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Friend of a Friend's Dodge Blew Up!!!!

Don't just think that Ford is trying to screw us... they built a new diesel motor just like GM and Dodge.... and Dodge is having problems to I hear.

A friend of a friend's new Dodge Cummins motor blew a rod or something and it shot right up through the engine while ideling at a stop light. Don't know how many Dodge's have done this... but SHHHHIIIIITTTTT happens to all makes and models.

I'm concerned to like the rest of you, but we could have all bought new GM or Dodge motors and we would be saying the same thing on a different forum or site.

Bow your heads for a group prayer so our engines will start and run tomorrow (for another day).... all faiths welcome. Ford doesn't have the answer, so maybe God or the higher being of your choice does???? I pray every day that my '03 Excursion runs without fail.

Good luck to all,

Old 02-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Rescue Ram
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"but **** happens to all makes and models."

Well said Beachbumcook. The VP-44 and lift pump in my '01 Cummins are swell; oh, and don't let me forget the '95 Chevy boat anchor...err... I mean 6.5L TD that we once had.
Good luck to all of you 6.0 owners.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:50 PM
mbnv992
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
So far, I've had very good luck with mine. So far, she's been plugged in every night for the past week or more. Now, its starting to get in the 30's, so she's not plugged in tonight. Watch, tomorrow I'll go to start it, and it won't start lol
Oh well, you pay over 5K for the motor, the least you should expect it to do is start

Old 02-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Johndeisel350
Junior User
I have not plugged the truck in once . Here in the Northeast its been record cold.

Starts right up everytime. Of course it sounds like rockets going off for a little while, but it starts. I really believe if you plug it in all the time, when the time comes and you are parked somewhere you can't plug it in, it could be a problem firing it up.

Friend of mine plugs everynight except one day last week. It was -8 and it didn't start at all. He had to plug it in for 1hr then it fired up.

Mine started right up. Bet they get some sort of memory.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:40 AM
pipercub
Senior User
I agree with your idea Johndiesel350. My neighbor has an 03 F250 CC SB diesel, I'm not sure if it's a 7.3L or 6.0L. I think its a 7.3L because it makes a lot of noise, or I mean music. She plugs it in every night. Do the block heaters use a lot of electricity for people like myself with high electric bills? I've been meaning to ask her how her trucks been doing and I was wonderin if the block heaters suck a lot of juice.

Why plug in a big tough diesel, I run on gas and my truck starts fine in -20 weather without being hooked up to an extension cord. It turns over a little slower, but roars to life when I turn the key.

Old 02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
shendren
Junior User
just sold me cummins. had i found this site before i bought, i doubt i would have. probably won't again. just too many stupid design issues. had absolutely NO problems with the cummins. can't wait to see how this psd works out. the rear seal is leaking already. 3500 mi.