1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Graphics on Your SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 10:04 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Quikirk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know....here I go again. When I cool it with the questions you guys can assume I'm done with the mods......for now Tried this one on another board as well and got no responses. Have any of you had any luck applying window graphics on your slider windows?

Old 05-15-2002, 05:13 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-May-02 AT 07:13 AM (EST)]I have never done the Glass scapes graphics but I have done tinting, you do all the sizing from the outside of the window, once it fits, then you apply it to the inside and trim if needed. Just like tinting, your windows must be very clean and the trick is taking your time.

I wouldn't mind sticking one on my truck, but I can't find one that would look good with the color of my truck.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:44 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the "privacy tint" so I never even considered any kind of scenery. Follow Yeti's advice and everything should work out well!

Old 05-15-2002, 08:47 AM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

>I know....here I go again. When I cool it with the
>questions you guys can assume I'm done with the
>mods......for now Tried this one on another board as
>well and got no responses. Have any of you had any luck
>applying window graphics on your slider windows?

I have the glasscapes graphic on my back window. I don't have a slider but I can tell you that it's not like window tint. It's a big heavy duty vinyl decal with an adhesive back and would have to be cut and applied to the outside of the window.
It's perforated and transparent from the inside. I have had mine on around 6 months with no problems from the friction of the rear window wiper.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:55 AM
Rockwell
Senior User

Heres a kewl little thing i do. Before you tint your window, if there is any kind of graphic or sticker you want to display, apply it on the inside of the window (provided its a rear facing sticker or graphic) and then tint right over the graphic. It works! And it looks great! Makes your graphic extremely vivid, the darker the window tint the more vivid it looks. If its a very thick sticker or graphic, use a hair dryer (lightly) on the tint that is going over the sticker/graphic to "shrink"it tight to your graphic. It looks great. IMO. I know they say the window has to be very clean, and it does. But so long as the window is clean and your graphic is clean, it works. If you are left with small air bubbles, just leave em, in 2 or 3 days it be a tight fit around your graphic. I always park the truck with the window in direct sunlight after tinting. Shrinks it nicley.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:56 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heck, if it sticks to the outside, then that should make installation even easier. Now you don't have to cut around the slider latch!