State Information Officers

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
State Information Officers

heheheh I like it.

I'd like for somebody to volunteer for their state.

They would be in charge of keeping all members up to date on their state information. I'd like them to keep a list of HPD members of their state, and I'd like them to promote HPC to people that live in this area and might be interested, and post of FTE.

I'd like one or two for each state.

I'd like for them to be a frequent (3x/week) poster here, and maintain contact with me.

Its all volunteer, and there won't be a vote, just a nod. It can be a rotating thing, so you aren't stuck. we will switch things up every 3 or six months.

The goal is to keep members up to date, I will still be the moderator, but I can't be in the know about things in Iowa for example. I'm barely in the know for billings.

We need them for: MT, ND, SD, WY, and IA

Old 02-02-2004, 02:42 PM
68torino
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds interesting Matt. As far as keeping lists of SD names would not be a problem. As for listing what is going on in the state what are we talking about? As for promoting I do some now but I think it could be taken farther to see if more people would stop by. I guess a little more info on what would be involved with the task would help. I don't think you should have to provide all the direction. When I ran the Safety Committee at work I always tried to get as many ideasgoing as possible. If one or two people provide all the input it makes it to easy for others to become disgruntled.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Well, we are a big area, so I'd like for the SIO's to keep up on state events, like car shows or whatever. Maybe if we get some more members, to organize state events (meets).

Old 02-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Heck ... I'm not sure that I'M up to date on things all the time! But since we have this specific site to post in now, I will make sure I post things to do with the Northwest part of Mt ... at least when I'm aware of them. Theres only a couple car shows a year up here... one in Missoula and one or three here in Cowbells....er Kalispell. Plus our annual Monster Trucks in June. But Ill let ya all know when each is happening from this corner of the state. I don't travel a lot..even around Mt.. so I can't say much about the rest of the state.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Its more in preparation that there are more members here in the future.

There won't be any ranking or "he was here first" stuff thats why the postition rotates. The intent would be to give you a taste of Moderating, when these states do break up.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:14 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I was here 2nd.

In any case, if you need help with anything on this forum, let me know. I don't spend as much time here as I used to, but these overnight shifts give FTE a real workout.
(5:15AM)