Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

State Wide Truck Search

Old 11-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Fal Grunt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
State Wide Truck Search

I had an idea guys driving around. I seen tons of old fords, sitting in farmers fields, by garages, sitting around at random houses etc etc. Lets do a state wide search and get these trucks going to people who can use them. I for one have 2-3 trucks that are up. Let me know if anyone is interested I'll make the database if need be. Just provide as much information as to where, how much, and what. -myers

Old 11-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Myers, that's a good idea. I've noticed them also driving back and forth to work. I've been wanting to start a classic Ford car and truck restoration shop for about a year now, I'm planning on having it up and running on it's own in four years. I was thinking of buying them and putting them up until I can get them back on the road again. Not looking to get rich, if I can keep the lights on and have a couple grand left over, I'd be happy. Just want to save them from the crusher. Here's an idea, how about if we see who all from Ohio would be interested in participating in locating and saving these old trucks here. We could get together someplace, rebuild them, sell them, divide up the profits, or use it to throw a mid-summer get together for the Ohio FTE members or something, I think that would be cool.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Count me in. I see them all of the time, but don't have the money to buy everything I see.

Stan

Old 11-15-2003, 12:20 AM
FordguyatOU
Senior User
I see a ton on my journeys through the Eastern half of the state. I have stopped at a few farmers places to see if they want to sell or not. Sometimes thumbs up sometimes I get ran out w/a shotgun JK!!!!! Good idea though, let me know what I can do to help. Oh by the way I realize I'm new to the Ohio forum. Im from Ravenna, but go to Ohio University in Athens. Drop me an e-mail or IM (biggieOU on AIM) me, love to hear from you guys!

Old 11-15-2003, 12:42 AM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
I'd be glad to look! I'm currently looking for a nice old truck to complete the collection, having 20 others help look is even better! -4speed

Old 11-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
I've always wanted to start a classic workhorse series. You know, maybe a '77 1 ton dump, '76 wrecker in white paint, an old flatbed or four, anything that is pre '80 and was used to work. Kind of a tribute to the truck that has built America into what it is today. I see an old water truck and maybe around a '48-'50 3 ton dump on the way home from work every morning. Also about four '70s series pickups. Probably start stopping and asking around April next year when I have more money saved, unless somebody is interested. Email me and let me know and I'll send you the info back.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
I'm finding a lot of '78 2wd's around here. I'm about to buy two of them to restore and keep, and a third to strip down for parts. The parts one has a rough body but is probably saveable, didn't get too close to it yet.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:54 PM
FordguyatOU
Senior User
Let me know Bruin what you might need, I have alot of parts laying around. Hey if you come across an 8ft bed thats decent, let me know, Ive come to the conclusion im just cutting mine up its not worth messin with.

Old 01-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User
I would be intrested, I want to get a 73to 76 F250 High boy Crew Cab once the beast gets wraped up in the next few months

Search this Thread