General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What Do You Do With A Mothballed Brewery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Nutter
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Do You Do With A Mothballed Brewery?

Molson mothballed one of their plants in Barrie Ontario a few years back, when they streamlined the Ontario operation. They've been keeping a skeleton staff on, just to up keep the plant if they feel the need to fire it up again. The thing is the staff was full of entrepreneurs. check this out

Size of pot farm shocks police

By TRACY MCLAUGHLIN, SPECIAL TO THE TORONTO SUN

BARRIE -- Police say they are "overwhelmed" by the size of the indoor pot grow operation inside the former Molson's brewery here and believe it's the largest ever found in Ontario history. "There are thousands and thousands of plants at every stage from seedlings to full-grown stage. This operation is twice the size we thought it was yesterday," said OPP Supt. Bill Crate after touring the massive building.

He described huge vats where plants grew and sleeping quarters for workers who took shifts so they could harvest the plants day and night.

"I can't believe such a huge operation was growing right under our noses in a location that I have driven by day after day," he said.

More than 100 officers swarmed the three-storey building on Saturday. So far 11 people found in the plant have been arrested but no charges had been laid yet.

Last edited by Nutter; 01-12-2004 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:58 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats funny! Guess they were looking at it as their retirement plan.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats funny! sounds like they had lots of lab equipment and things for cross-germinating and things.nice controled enviroment too.sounds like a few of them were getting their own sevrance pay.you canadians are quite resourceful.lol

Old 01-12-2004, 07:40 AM
Andysutt
Postmaster
Nice... very nice
A junkies heaven... what beer they had left over, and drugs

Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 AM
62uni
Senior User
Ironic how much more damaging to society the shut down brewery's former product (alcohol) is than is the pot they were growing, ah the brave diet police and their freedom hating goose stepping supporters. At least in Canada, the industrious brewery crew won't be facing life, like in the home of the free.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Andysutt
Postmaster
I see this getting moved to the pig pen if the conversation keeps up
But my view... Alcohol isn't all that bad used in moderation, and Im not a drug user, but I will say that a minimum amount or marijuana would proboally be the same
But your saying its better to sell illegal drugs than to sell legal alcohol?
I could understand life in jail for what they were doing, but if they just had a plant or 2... then it shouldn't be AS long, just a sentence
What exactly is the punishment up there for this offense?
Not trying to start anything, just dont understand how illegal drugs are better than something "legal"

Old 01-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Nutter
Elder User
Here's an update on what has turned out to be Canada's biggest drug bust ever.

It just boggles my mind that they were able to get that operation up to that size, didn't anyone realize that the plant was non operational and still drawing 980,001,675 kw per hour

"Hi Home Depot" can you deliver 155 meters of #12 wire, 2189 industrial size grow lights with ballasts, 3 ton's of A grade porous rock,11,436 sponges, 709 meters of 1 inch plastic tubing, 11'436 clay pots, 45 50 gallon drums of Miracle Grow, one Chia Pet and 1600 bags of Doritos to 166 Molson Park Drive Barrie Ontario