General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

A person with short hair or long hair, Who would you trust most?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 07:08 PM
sinjin
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you trust someone with short hair over someone with long hair?

Please feel free to be absurd.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:14 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think i'll see where this thread is headed before replying.seems like a loaded question!

Old 01-09-2004, 07:39 PM
zonkola
Senior User
Well, the long-haired guys are obviously liberal hippie communist love-in going, acid-dropping, "Hey dude, check out my new tie-dye", jobless surfer Californians.

The short-haired guys are clearly conservative Republican fascist stockbroker, gun show going, Dittohead "Do you have any Grey Poupon?", militant zealous freaks.

Meanwhile, the guys with mullets are simply indecisive fence-sitters. All the guys without facial hair are bald-faced liars. Guys with wigs or toupees can't be trusted to represent the truth. And all men with mustaches but no beard have been scientifically proven to be cops.

In order to avoid being typecast into any of these groups, I've decided to grow my hair long but wear it up like Princess Leia, and shave my facial hair like Abraham Lincoln. They didn't call him "Honest Abe" for nuthin' you know, and who doesn't trust Princess Leia?

(Absurd enough for you? )

Last edited by zonkola; 01-09-2004 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:07 PM
pchristman
Laughing Gas
Originally posted by zonkola
Well, the long-haired guys are obviously liberal hippie communist love-in going, acid-dropping, "Hey dude, check out my new tie-dye", jobless surfer Californians.

The short-haired guys are clearly conservative Republican fascist stockbroker, gun show going, Dittohead "Do you have any Grey Poupon?", militant zealous freaks.

Meanwhile, the guys with mullets are simply indecisive fence-sitters. All the guys without facial hair are bald-faced liars. Guys with wigs or toupees can't be trusted to represent the truth. And all men with mustaches but no beard have been scientifically proven to be cops.

In order to avoid being typecast into any of these groups, I've decided to grow my hair long but wear it up like Princess Leia, and shave my facial hair like Abraham Lincoln. They didn't call him "Honest Abe" for nuthin' you know, and who doesn't trust Princess Leia?

(Absurd enough for you? )
So far, I've been one of just about everything on your list (except the princess). I've made an observation, which may give rise to a theory, but I haven't done any testing yet - only anecdotal evidence. I think that hair is one of the early indicators of Alzheimer's, because I've noticed that, as people age, it's only the amount of hair on their heads that changes. Total hair count remains the same. The hair seems to forget where it's growing, and emerges from ears, noses and all sorts of imaginative places. It's kinda like me when I go out to the garage but can't remember why, so I pick up a wrench and go back inside. Every so often I have to gather up my wrenches and haul them back out to the garage, and then wonder why, so I go to the hardware store and buy a clothesline, and then...

Oh - I never wore a rug, though (I think).

Old 01-09-2004, 08:57 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Hair length is probably more of a fashion statement than a reflection of someones character. I think a lot of us have migrated from short to long or long to short as we hit different stages of our lives. I think one reason a lot of guys start going shorter is because as we grow older our hair starts thinning and it just looks better short. I say if you've got a healthy stand of hair, go for it, it's entirely up to the individual.

Old 01-09-2004, 09:29 PM
99 ranger bob
Elder User
Im not predjudiced i trust noone its alot safer that way!!

Old 01-09-2004, 10:08 PM
rebel_ford4x4
Posting Guru
Originally posted by 99 ranger bob
Im not predjudiced i trust noone its alot safer that way!!
im the same way, ive been stabbed in the back too many times so i dont trust anyone.

but i dont think someones hair length would change how much i could trust them. it would depend on the rest of the way they looked, carried themselves, and how they acted. id probably go with the short haired guy first though.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Re: would you trust someone with short hair over someone with long hair?

Originally posted by sinjin
Please feel free to be absurd.
Is this a male or female or both ???

Old 01-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
long hair......see...Al Harris caught an interception for a touchdown to win the Packer game in overtime so he's my new hero....and he's got dredlocks...

Old 01-10-2004, 12:42 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I pretty much trust anyone until he/she gives me a reason not to. I had long hair then I got tired of running over it with the creeper and having it in a puddle of anti-freeze. I never had it quite long enough for a ponytail, nor was I the type of person that would wear one. I have jokingly threatened to grow one and be one of those funky 50ish dudes with a ponytail. It was more of a maintainence thing for me, just too much hassle to take care of after a while.

Old 01-10-2004, 06:43 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
I try not to judge people by their outward appearance.i'v seen good and bad from both sides.I had long hair back in my teenage years,but even then I never stole from people,never disrespected other peoples property.I always had a job,not all of which i enjoyed,but i always considered myself a productive citizen.I went on to raise 8 children,all of which had a highschool education,2 went on to college,one is headed for Iraq,and all but 1 are currently employed,and he will be when he gets out of high school.it's easy to sterotype people but there is more to it than their outward appearance.

Old 01-10-2004, 07:10 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Fordfaggiole
I try not to judge people by their outward appearance.i'v seen good and bad from both sides.I had long hair back in my teenage years,but even then I never stole from people,never disrespected other peoples property.I always had a job,not all of which i enjoyed,but i always considered myself a productive citizen.I went on to raise 8 children,all of which had a highschool education,2 went on to college,one is headed for Iraq,and all but 1 are currently employed,and he will be when he gets out of high school.it's easy to sterotype people but there is more to it than their outward appearance.
First let me congradulate you on raising 8 kids. I have 9 step children that I haven't done as well with. I also have a 7 year old daughter of my own.

Now maybe I missed something here but it almosts seems like you are the one with the stereotype. When you were a kid were all the other longhairs thieving disrespectful and unemployed?

Old 01-10-2004, 07:48 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
willowbilly3

Some of my friends were less than upstanding for sure.we all hung out together but i always knew which ones to steer clear of when we were together.some of the more refined kids in my group with the short hair from real nice homes and nice cars were actually worse than us.they seem to think they were better than some of us.thats why appearances can be decieving from my point of view

Old 01-10-2004, 08:07 AM
couleeman
Posting Guru
What about no hair????? Can you trust a guy where you can see your reflection on their head? JK

For that matter, who would you trust, someone with small feet and glasses, or large feet and no glasses and big red hair with a yellow jumpsuit sporting the letter "M" on it.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:14 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Either, I trust the person not the hair

Quick Reply: A person with short hair or long hair, Who would you trust most?