Ford Junk Yard in South Bay/ West LA? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > S. California Chapter
Reload this Page >

Ford Junk Yard in South Bay/ West LA?

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Old 01-08-2004, 03:47 PM
jaja
Senior User
jaja is starting off with a positive reputation.

I'm looking for some parts for my '94 5.8 XLT Bronco. I live in Torrance right south of the airport, and was wondering if someone could let me know where I can find a junkyard that has Ford trucks.

(dunno if this is the right forum....)

Old 01-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
If San Diego isn't too far for you - check my post on S.D. salvage yards. I could hardly believe how much stuff they had there!

Or you can call them first:
(619) 390-1618

Tell them the guy with the brown truck that bought the dually axle sent you...

Old 01-08-2004, 05:21 PM
jaja
Senior User
wolf,

Thanks for the info... but I think that San Diego is a bit far for me... I know you're not supposed to posts "wanted"s here but I'm looking for the stock air intake (dunno the real name) that goes from the top of the radiator to the air filter box. I called up Ford, and they want crazy money for it cause they can't just sell me that piece...

Thx for the help though....

Anyone out there got a shop for the LA area?

Old 01-09-2004, 11:27 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.
Your best bet is the Yellow Pages and your telephone. Fortunately most of the junk yards in LA are located nearby in Carson, Gardena and Wilmington.

Jim

Old 01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
jaja
Senior User
jim,

I hate to be a bonehead, but what should I look under in the yellow pages? "junkyard"?

Old 01-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
"Automobile Parts and Supplies, Used"

Old 01-20-2004, 06:03 PM
ppaquet
New User
ppaquet is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a Chevy Blazer before my Explorer and got a nuber of parts off junk yard on the internet. for my Blazer, Mazda RX-7 and Pontac Sunbird. Never had any troble with any other then and can also do a search and possiv]ble get multi answersto it. I live near all the big yard in Sun Valley and it is better than them. A good example was i needed a OEm alum rim for my Pontac. I put a search out for one and got a replaty in less than a day e mailed a pic of it to him coswas afraid it might not be right. I was wa\hat he had and only cost me like $45.00 including shipping and hd it in a week.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:08 PM
collinfix
New User
collinfix is starting off with a positive reputation.
Junk Yards

I am in Lemoore which is up in Kings county and i recenty found a Ford truck yard in Fresno. I know I am a good 3 1/2 hours from say Burbank. The other choice i know of is a very big and expensive lot in Rancho Cordova just south of Sacramento.
Me, it takes longer but I go and look and try and have found parts from other Fords for mine that bolt up and do just what I want. Say dual shocks on the front of my 78 F100 and rear disc. mmmmmmm

Old 02-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Ken Stapel
New User
Ken Stapel is starting off with a positive reputation.
There's a pick-your-part on Vermont, at the beginning of the 91 Freeway (or the end of Artesia Blvd. depending on your viewpoint ). There are also a few in the Wilmington area.

Old 02-26-2004, 07:50 PM
mtbiker
New User
mtbiker is starting off with a positive reputation.
ALCO Truck in Wilmington

They have been very helpful in the past. Construction on PCH is a pain though.

Old 02-29-2004, 02:58 AM
BrokenBronco
Freshman User
BrokenBronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Indiana truck salvage in Corona, they have tons of Bronco stuff!