General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

READ and beware of the ENVIRO-FREAKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 06:37 PM
dalejarrettfan
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
READ and beware of the ENVIRO-FREAKS

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/2721771/detail.html

better duck if you have a spray can walking by my SUV......IGnore the barking dog.......rabid SUV owner bites!

These enviro freaks have got to get a life

Old 12-22-2003, 07:46 PM
tyger25
Senior User
They should have at least picked a better color....

Old 12-22-2003, 07:53 PM
AwesomeBullet
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, so like all the solvents and chemicals needed to restore that paint job sre any better for the environment??

Old 12-22-2003, 08:44 PM
DRM
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Odd... We just purchased our used Expedition specifically for the 3rd row seating availability - so that when we (me, wife, 2 kids) want to go to dinner with my parents, we no longer have to take 2 cars just to go to town to eat.

And here I was thinking I was *helping* the environment by "carpooling".

Just goes to show the lack of thinking these enviro-wacko's put into their activism...

Old 12-22-2003, 08:51 PM
tsdrallyer
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And it's a fact that our Ford Expeditions have better emissions standards than the majority of the cars on the market today. Econo boxes included.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:17 PM
buzzard
Logistics Pro
Freakin' idiots, come on down to Houston and get an *** full of buckshot.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:18 PM
tyger25
Senior User
^ I was wondering when you were going to read this!!!....How bout the days when there were no Cat Converters?

Old 12-22-2003, 11:24 PM
buzzard
Logistics Pro
Originally posted by tyger25
^ I was wondering when you were going to read this!!!....How bout the days when there were no Cat Converters?
I still cringe (and cuss) every time I hear Ralph Nader's name! You can bet your last dollar my '68 doesn't have any emissions....and it's running a little rich these days.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:31 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Don't these people realize that there are much better ways to get things done than this?

If they're really upset about SUVs, why don't they organize themselves into a lobbying group so they can dictate legislation instead of vandalizing people's stuff?

On top of that, do they realize that my Expedition gets equal or better gas mileage than 99% of vehicles produced 10 years ago?

What about the first Ford mustang, which averaged 13MPG? Nobody complained then, and it was one of the hottest cars ever.

Why the complaining now? Nobody whined about the Ford Bronco, or the full size Chebbie Blazer.

The only argument they have is that SUVs destroy smaller cars in accidents, but the "kill the planet" part indicates they're worried about pollution.

What about city buses and 18 wheelers - have they seen the junk that spews out of those things? What about that spray paint can? That can isn't doing the environment any favors.

Why can't people just leave each other's stuff alone? Like I said before, if it bothers you that much, then put pressure on the government to change it. Instead of taking advantage of their numbers, they resort to petty vandalism.

Sad...

XXL

Old 12-23-2003, 12:05 AM
paulv107
Senior User
These groups of people are like a cult. They believe and do what the leader of their group says. Going out and vandalizing someones property because they own a SUV is stupid. And the way that they do it is actually worse than what the SUV can do to the environment. Doesn't spray paint use aerosols? Isn't that just as bad if not worse than emissions or burning too much fuel?

What about what happened a while back where the Excursions were torched at a dealership because they burned too much gas. When they done that, what did they use to burn the SUV's with? Gasoline! And I bet that all of the pollution from the burning the SUV's did more damage to the atmosphere at that time than one SUV does all year long. Especially when the tires and rubber started burning.

These people just need to think about what they are doing and find a logical and safe way to deal with this. If they don't like it, then they can stick to their little econo boxes and I will continue to drive my big F150.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:09 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
the dog BEWARE OF OWNER AND HIS .357..

Old 12-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Originally posted by truckertaz
the dog BEWARE OF OWNER AND HIS .357..
Actually, my dog would prolly tear their leg off and beat them with it. He's named Otto and knows it's his job to protect the autos.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:01 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Bargod
Actually, my dog would prolly tear their leg off and beat them with it. He's named Otto and knows it's his job to protect the autos.
Our dog is a 10 year old golden that weighs about 100lbs
It a job for her to just get off her couch to go outside to go do her "duties".

Old 12-23-2003, 01:09 AM
bigblu
Senior User
I always get a kick out of the people who protest for safer life. They kill doctors, and vandalize vehicles, and blow up buildings.

They're psychotic!

Old 12-23-2003, 05:35 AM
13hondacr250
Posting Guru
I'd love to catch someone painting that on my rigs. They would never be able to use a spray can again. They would fart yellow paint.

I don't care if you don't like my vehicle of choice, you have no right to harm it in any way. If you do I think I should have the right to make you life miserable.

And talk about being the biggest hypocrits around.

(stomping around mad)

Quick Reply: READ and beware of the ENVIRO-FREAKS