Ford to Build SVT Expy "Thunder" - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Ford to Build SVT Expy "Thunder"

Old 12-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Postmaster

jschira is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ford to Build SVT Expy "Thunder"

This was posted at Blueovalnews by someone who works at MTP (Michigan Truck Plant):

Quote:
I have heard from the mtp launch team that it [Expy Thunder]should come out as an 06 MY.But anything could change that from now till then.The vehicle started as an Harley project then got changed to the Thunder. The vehicle I saw was black with 20 inch wheels,chrome tubular step bars,color keyed grill,bumpers,and side moldings.Also had svt thunder badging on it.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Postmaster

buzzard is starting off with a positive reputation.
There have been prototypes and rumors about a "bad" Expy for years. Whether Ford ever mass produces one or not, is and will remain a mystery. While there certainly are some enthusiasts who would like a very cool edition, I guess the Expy is just not really thought of as a roddin' or racin' type vehicle.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Elder User

adelyser is starting off with a positive reputation.
Like this one?

http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/thunderfeature.html Ford is stating that there is no intention of ever building it.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Grr, ford can be so stupid sometimes. I really wish they would make the Thunder. That would be sweet to drive.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Senior User

2003EXPY is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm a real die hard Ford guy but I sure agree the company can be pretty dumb.Example in point,the new Mercury Marauder,Ford/Mercury had a pretty good idea there to get a younger crowd into Mercury's with the Marauder.It was a pretty good car and one that responds extremely well to mods. But they released it and after only a tiny bit of initial advertising they totally quit publicizing the car.NOBODY knew anything about the car,from the corporate level down to the dealers,sales people and the techs Mercury never informed anyone anything about the car. Consequently it's going to be dropped after the 2004 model year and that's a darned shame.I nbelong to the Windy City chapter of www.mercurymarauder.com and have seen some VERY hot Marauders here,there was even a plan to bring out a factory supercharged version but that'll never happen now. The Marauder,like the new T-Bird went in a short period of time from being a car the dealers charged a high after mark-up on to one that requires a big rebate to move a dead inventory off the dealers lots.
Why didn't Ford/Mercury do a better job of promoting it,it's almost like they wanted it to fail.
Sometimes Ford just doesn't make any sense to me,just like the way they're busily de-contenting the Expeditions to save a couple of bucks,most of us would gladly pay a couple of hundred dollars more to have the old standard stuff back,but sometimes that's not even an option.
Wake up Bill Ford while there's still time,I'm thinking of looking at the new Nissan Pathfinder Armada or the new Hemi Dodge Durango when I have to replace my Expy.And that'd just about break my Blue Oval heart.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Senior User

jswanberg10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Believe it or not, my 00' Expedition looks almost exactly like the Thunder. I've got a black sport with duel exhaust, SSC rims, etc... Damn, didn't know I was copying an awesome vehicle.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Junior User

KING SADDIST is starting off with a positive reputation.
What Happened To The "shaq" Expedition That Ford Was Supposed To Be Selling?