Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 10:34 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by fishmanndotcom
body lifts are as gay as rice rockets!-jason-
I agree!

Anyways, anybody who wants just a little lift that works, and wants it cheap, should do shackle flips.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant shackel flip a bronco dude, coils...i got 3 inch body lift, they are rated at 50,000psi each, and the bols are 7/8 grade 8....i dont think itll break, but if you can go witht he suspension lift do it....but if your a college kid like me.....i like the body lift

Idiomaticman

Old 01-14-2004, 10:43 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Idiomaticman
so, i know this post is a lil old, but i like the battle here, its interesting. think of it this way fishman, you go out and buy a real nice totally sprung three inch lift for your new ford, i think they did this in four wheeler a few issues back, and you get done and it looks great, and you have your 33s, or 35s on there, so you go wheeling, if you have a short wheelbase truck you never really had any trouble with highcentering, so thats still not an issue, but you flex it out, and you find out you lost about 5-6 inches of flex. this is very common with the nre IFS f150s, you gain lift and lose articulation, and this is with a nice professional lift. doesnt always work like this i know, and with older truck, they dont have IFS, but still, the issue is body lifts vs suspension, for any trcuk. so if you would have gone and bout a 3" body lift, and saved $400, you would have also saved your 5-6" of articulation, and still been able to fit your big tires in the finders, and on top of that, you saved $400...maybe, i dunno how much really, but still, you have to think about every aspect before you go and call something homosexual. body lifts can work better, in some cases....lets talk about the homophobic tendincies, im not gay, is a preference...i dont liek rice rockets either, but i just assume it is safer for me....at least ill get a tire up on the hood if they every hit me
hahaha, ok....first you shackle flip the rear...go to sky manufcturing and buy the kit for $112.00. then go get a set rear leaf packs from an 80-96 f150 and put in the front. you got a nice 5.5"-6" lift for under $200. o ya....and your front axle will be pushed forward so you get better approach angle, better articulation, and better ride qaulity. It is no secret that a brand name manufacturer of a suspension lift is gonna make an articulative suspension kit! Hell they suck for that purpose!

Hey Idioticman...good way to make an %&@ of yourself , thanx pro...i'm glad there a few of us on the board who don't try the cheap way everytime!

shackle flip is in the rear, dude! and yes I am a poor college kid too! but i work for my toys!

Originally posted by Idiomaticman
at least ill get a tire up on the hood if they every hit me
with the 35's and stock suspension on an f150? or the 31's? lol

-jason-

Last edited by fishmanndotcom; 01-14-2004 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:48 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Always willing to help a brutha out Fishy

Damn I wish you and Ho were up here so we could get it AWN!

Old 01-14-2004, 10:52 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
well , pro....hopefully this time by next week i will have my front welded and then i am gonna start saving for a detroit in the rear! I know i would love to come play but we both have skool and speaking for Ho, i know he would too....damn skool

lol careful now....that's PIRATE talk!

-jason-

Old 01-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
dude.....im talking a 97+...IFS...college student...you sure need to learn to read....since when did those have straight axels.....hmmm...never....dont try me....i will win...

oh ya...i work too...but school cost a lot, and it all goes to that....not all of us can put everything we make towards our rides as much as we would like to.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
where are you guys at....corvallis or eugene?

Idiomaticman

Old 01-14-2004, 10:56 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
well i guess you didn't realzie that 85 f-250's came in IFS...but i ditched it and went with a D60 front. no but i try to budget my skool and truck money! What are you gonna win? a pinwheel?

-jason-

Old 01-14-2004, 10:57 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Fishy.......you are so gonna bust stuff off with your welded front...Lets say it together..."chromoloy is our friend"

Looking forward to a report on those Iroks....one of these days I need to move up from my little 44s...

Old 01-14-2004, 10:58 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Originally posted by proeliator
Fishy.......you are so gonna bust stuff off with your welded front...Lets say it together..."chromoley is our friend"

Looking forward to a report on those Iroks....one of these days I need to move up from my little 44s...
hhahaha, ya i know....but i wanna see how much abuse this front end can take! So far so good .....i wish i had the power/stoutness to run 49's!

-jason-

Old 01-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
IFS!!!...not TTB....my god get it together dude....

Idiomaticman

Old 01-14-2004, 11:01 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Well, I'll be real honest, with my driving style I wouldn't run bigger than a 44 without going Rockwell anyways. Hell, I can eat my front 60 stubbies for breakfast if I've pulled the front end of the ground and stay leaned into the skinny pedal.

But hell, chicks dig carnage

Old 01-14-2004, 11:03 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
first God has nothing to do with this so leave Him out!
Second TTB and IFS are virtually the same thing...IFS is just a lil more complex...it has a few more components to break (not good for wheelin!)
Third if you are trying to wheel something with *IFS* in a 97+ model year vehicle....i say go with a body lift so i can laugh at you when I pass you ridin on my 39.5's

-jason-

Old 01-14-2004, 11:04 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
hell yeah they do Ho has been talking about throwing a set of Rockwells under a Ranger and swapping in all his drivetrain/motor and all! It would be a sweet lil ride!

-jason-

Old 01-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
no, ifs and ttb are not virtually the same thing, as for being more complex, id say the ttb was more complex....less componests yes, but the geometery and engineering that has gone into the ttb....so ya....also...i agree the 97+ f150 cars are not for wheeling...

what if god were a chick....hmmm...

Idiomaticman

Quick Reply: Whats the best way 2-3" lift on 78 f150 4x4