Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Power Window Fuse Shorting Out

Old 12-06-2003, 12:51 PM
LuvmyStang
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window Fuse Shorting Out

I have my ESCAPE into the dealership for Power Window Failure. Wanted to share, that they are having a really hard time with it. Anyone else with this problem?

The Dealership informed me that FORD admits they have a problem with the Power Window assembly in that you can't take more than one window down at a time without blowing the fuses. They said they went out to the lot and found another 01', and it blew.

My Dealership is in contact with FORD, and they are working on a fix, and will fix mine when it is approved. Otherwise, they put a reset unit in, it will reset the windows when they blow, which is basically every time I use it. They said they will provide a loaner as long as needed until the truck is fixed, if we want. They are backing us up now, but we had to take a proactive position, they wanted to blame it on the aftermarket starter and theft system first.

We are a Super Ford Family, "Go #6 in 2004". Dad has a 00' F250 PowerStroke, Mom 01' Escape, daughter 00' Focus, Son 03' ZT5. Planning on getting a Classic Mustang soon. SO buying the ESCAPE was a no brainer.

I really like my ESCAPE, drives like a big rig, but fits in my little garage, and parking? NO PROBLEM....

Old 12-12-2003, 12:00 PM
bananaboat
Senior User
I haven't blown a fuse in my 2002. I have noticed that when driving at night and I push the buttons for both front windows, my headlights dim slightly.

Post their "fix" when it's available.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:31 PM
YelloEscape
New User
I've noticed that opening multiple windows at once does cause a dimming of lights and the motors slow down. I have not blown a fuse yet, though.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:58 AM
PrPlayboy
Elder User
I have never heard of this problem with the Escapes. Is your alarm or remote starter hooked into the power window harness? Did the problem happen before any of it was installed? I know u said they went out to another on the lot so if thats the case then they cant blame what was installed on the problem.