Not a motor related post but this is where most people knew me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Unglued
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TORNADO DAMAGE Not a motor related post but this is where most people knew me.

I'm sure some of you know about my two trucks that were destroyed along with my house and everythign else I owned back on May 4th. Well here is some before and after pictures of my two favorite trucks.

The green one is a 65 F250 with a 352, granny 4-speed, and 4.11

The brown one is a 74 F250 4WD High Boy with a souped up 390, granny 4-speed, and 4.11s

Last edited by Unglued; 12-03-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Unglued
Junior User
Forgot to add that this was done by an F4 Tornado

Old 12-03-2003, 09:30 PM
pcmenten
Posting Guru
Holy cats! F4 tornado!!

Well, that's what it takes to slow a Ford truck down.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:48 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
damn that sucks man!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:27 PM
TheImpaler
Senior User
Oh my...

The first time I looked at the third picture I thought it was your trailer or something - I didn't notice the poor cab had beenblown away. I am sorry to hear that - Look at it this way: Now you can build them bigger, stronger, faster, and better. : )

-Patrick

Old 12-04-2003, 02:34 AM
Purely Ford
Elder User
Sorry to hear about your run in with that F4 tornado. I can simpathize with you since I was born and raised in "Tornado Alley" in Oklahoma and lived some terrifying moments myself. Hopefully nobody was hurt or killed. How are you and your family recovering from this? Do you need any help with anything still? Well, I can see you need some truck parts.

I remember the biggest tornado I have ever witnessed as it ripped through Broken Arrow and Tulsa, Oklahoma in the mid seventies when I was about nine years old. Later, while going to the area the tornado destroyed to check on my great aunt, I saw many cars that were crushed and twisted beyond any recognizable shape. Some of those cars were mangled up so bad that later on during the cleanup car parts from destroyed cars were being found. Problem was that trying to locate a car that the parts went in or who they belonged to was too difficult, so some people gained some free car parts. I know that sounds a bit strange, but it did happen and probably happens with just about every F4 or F5 tornado.

Anyway, I do hope you and your family are doing ok. Almost forgot to ask, where are you located?

Old 12-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Andysutt
Postmaster
Sorry to hear that, Sucks that your trucks, house and everything was destroyed, but hopefully you still have your family and thats whats important

Also, looks like you had a GREAT looking 66 grille in that 65, If you need another grille let me know... I may have a steel one laying around.
Or a few other parts if your fixing the truck