need more power again and again

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 02:51 AM
checkyoursix
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry need more power again and again

It seems that every time I look at this forum I see the same question. How can I get more power. I know some people don't do searches on this and sometimes the results are not what you are looking for. Is there a way we can put all the best power upgrades on one thread? Maybe one for FI and one for carb motors? It seems like most of the good answers come from the same people. I have learned a lot of good info here and it would have been great if I could have learned all the tricks at the same time for better planning. I could be wrong but I think this might help a lot of new guys.

Old 12-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Prodigy223
Junior User
That's one hell of an idea. Just get a bunch of threads designated to certain things and make them sticky.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a great idea and should be implemented. However, I think there will still be a post every week about the sticky posts. People just don't look. I've only been registered here for a year or so and have seen the same posts dozens of times. This epidemic is not specific to this forum either. On the Lightning forum some asks everyday which blower pulley, shift kit, spark plugs, or slicks they should be using even though a search for any of those things will result in hundreds of hits. Most of the time something is asked even though the same thing was asked 3 threads earlier. In the defense of the members of this forum, I do lots of searches for threads I remember from only a few weeks ago and they don't turn up in a search. Sticky threads would cure that issue, but I don't know about the others.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Vampiro
Cargo Master
hey, post all your ideas here and ill compile a list of them and add to them if i can then i will post it on the fourm and make sure it stays at the top. so guys send me your ideas and mods. email me them or post them here ok?

Old 12-02-2003, 11:14 PM
northernfordman
New User
I am new to this site,and am about to do a complete rebuild on a 300 six. I want more power is there a book on what i need to do?I find lots of rebuild books on V-8's, but none on I-6's. Somebody mentioned pistons out of a 460(?) any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-06-2003, 08:34 AM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
It looks like this thread is going to get too long to be of good use. Why not have a sticky for each of the 4 or 5 topics that are beat to death. I'm thinking something like a separate thread for intake, exhaust, ignition, valvetrain, etc. That would make the info much easier to find. Maybe something that has the basic engine specs in it as well.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Vampiro
Cargo Master
im gonna see how this thread works out and if it begins to get too big then i will devide it up into sections. this is just a steppingstone

Old 12-08-2003, 05:06 AM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
i have a 91, EFI 5spd. i have the 3 into 1 manifolds, and then the 2 into 1 cat. now from what ive read so far, i need a walker down pipe if i want to get rid of that lousy cat. can i just make one? are they expensive? anyone got any just laying around, that would be nice. also looking for a snorkal, any idea?

Callen

Old 12-08-2003, 06:56 AM
broncr
Elder User
My muffler shop guy said it would run about $200 to fabricate a downpipe. I've read several posts that say they got a Walker for $50-$60. Unless you have all the tools & a lot of time on your hands, that's hard to beat. I thought mine was a bargain at $100 - they obviously stuck it to me but I saved that much in drive time, repair & fabrication work on a used stock downpipe.

Broncr

Old 12-09-2003, 07:29 PM
rhetor
Posting Guru
i'm thinking this should be more of a informative thread than one open to questions. that way it wouldn't get HUGE and it could be modified to cover the material.

that way the forum wouldn't go dead with no more questions to answer, but it would also answer quite a few of the more common ones, and give a basis for more in depth and maybe theoretical posts reguarding the information!

Old 12-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Nelled f-150
Junior User
200 bucks to make a down pipe, myself thinking you are getting ripped

Old 12-15-2003, 08:00 AM
boss460
Junior User
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...hreadid=132663 dont forget this one pics are in my gallery

Old 12-26-2003, 01:15 AM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
so we have been over a lot of mods for the 300, i personally have up graded the exhaust, and added a K&N, and soon am going to mill a throttle spacer, because they dont make one for the 300, now what else shoudl i do to this motor that is a bolt on, im also on low budget, i just need it to get those 35s throwing mud when it get thick, and right now, its just not enough. when i to boggs down, i floor it, and it just keeps bogging. need that extra little get up to get me out of it. i was thinking MSD 6AL PN 6420 ignition, phatter coil, which one?? anything else??

Idiomaticman

Old 12-26-2003, 06:49 PM
boss460
Junior User
a set of gear would bring it alive

Old 12-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Idiomaticman
Senior User
what gears do you reccomend, 4.10, 4.11, i have 3.73 right now and its nice on the highway, i can also burn 1st gear alright too, no second chirp though, i need a new clutch too, thinking about a dual, the tranny is going out as well, and i was thinking about a ZF, i hear good things about them, could be cool, probably find a good used one for the preice or beefing up my Mazda 5-speed after it goes on me. but about the gears, i heard this elsewhere also. seems as though ford did us all wrong with the gears they gave us, haha, guess they have to have al least one fault.

Idiomaticman

Quick Reply: need more power again and again