1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Comp Tires,, 305\70\16at

Old 10-30-2003, 11:14 PM
MRBASS
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Comp Tires,, 305\70\16at

Interesting Situation here with pro Comp Tires, thought i would get Ya'lls opinions..
Last week on my way to Kansas for the new Guide\Outfitter Service I started and Got into downtown dallas and all the sudden i got this really bad vibration coming from the rear end,, the slower i went I started to realize it was a tire. When i stopped and checked it out it appeared the RR tire had separated, broke a belt or something, tire was really lop sided and had a huge bubble coming from like under the thread. Luckily there was a 4wheel parts about 3 miles down the road. When i got there they said they had no record of me in the computer other than my name and number. Now remember i am 4 hrs away from home and dont have my receipt with me. manager says you need to call corporate office in calif and see if you can get a copy of your invoice,he couldnt do that i guess. So Iwent out to the truck called them and they said they purge their records after about 18 months, so they had no record. Now this is the 4th set of tires i have got from them,only the first set of procomps. Guy I talked to said to call pro comp and they should take care of it, so i called them and Shawn the guy i needed to talk to was gone for the rest of the week and the rude receptionist says sorry nobody can help you but him,,,and hung up on me.. Talk about hot,,, i was steamed to say the least.. Sat in the truck for a few minutes and cooled off and thought well like daddy always said being nice will get ya farther than being ugly,, So i went back inside 4 wheel parts and talked to the manager again and explained to him i was 4 hrs away from home and on my way to Kansas for a guide trip and there is no other place to get a pro comp tire but here, and of course he smiled, and i felt like dropping him right there at the counter, but i was being nice. So manager says lets pull it in and check it out and we'll see what we can do.. About 30mins later he says they are pulling your truck around front were done. I said ok now what,,, he says that will be 229.96. I said no wait just a minute I never said to put a tire on there and i sure aint paying 229 bucks for another junk tire, so take it off and put my spare on and i'll go somewhere else.. Well after a very heated discussion and me not being nice anymore, and getting a little loud he says hey give me a 100 bucks and we'll call it even, so I did and left.. Now all this took about 4 hrs from the first time i walked through the door till i finally left. I drove to Kansas and sitting around talking to the hunters about my tire deal and they all start checking out my tires and noticed the bead around all the old tires are full of cracks, so i wonder am i gonna lose another tire? Anyone else had problems with these pro comp tires? these tires are almost exactly 2 years old and have 23,000 miles on them. No bad cuts gouges or anything like that and i rotate them every time i change my oil, which is every 3000 miles. I have left several messages for this guy Shawn at pro Comp for the past 2 weeks, and still not a return call. According to one of the nice guys i talked to at 4 wheel parts these tires are GUARANTEED for 60,000 miles, and I have 23,000 and separation and cracks in the bead and only 6-8\32 of thread left? Tires are considered worn out at 3\32, so there is no way i will get my 60,000 miles, i would be happy with 45 or 50.. In the past I have used bf goodrich, and good year tires and they never seem to last more than about 30,000 miles no matter how well i treat them, but they never seperated or cracked. is there a tire for a Superduty like we have that will last longer than 30,000 miles? And do ya'll have any suggestions for the Pro Comps I have now? maybe i am wasting my time calling pro comp. And after buying 4 sets of wheels and tires from 4 wheel parts is this how they treat people? Anyone else had these troubles with 4 wheel parts or pro comp tires?

Old 10-31-2003, 07:15 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
MrBass,

What an ordeal they put you through! I would not trust the remaining 3 tires, given what you stated in your message above. I would also write a letter to ProComp (or whoever makes them?) and offer them an opportunity to either replace all 4 or to at least pro-rate the tires towards a new set. Personally, I wouldn't give them the second option. If they didn't pony-up with a new set of 4, I'd let them know in NO uncertain terms that you intend to notify the Better Business Bureau and the Dept of Transportation, because it sounds to me like they sold you blems. Frightening thought here is Firestone's recent tire debacle and subsequent tragedies due to blow-outs.

Good luck with it, and sorry for your madening ordeal (I HATE jag-offs like the guy for $229).

Daryl

Old 11-01-2003, 09:39 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Would you really trust another set of Pro comps? I wouldn't . Get them to replace them with something else or do it yourself and then have them reimburse you. If they won't then small claims court is a great option. It will cost them more to fight the claim that to pay up. Just point this fact out to them. When you win in court they have to pay your expenses and you don't need a lawer to go to small claims. BTW do you still have the bad tire?

Old 11-01-2003, 06:34 PM
Go Aweigh2452
Senior User
FYI, BBB will only help you out for a fee and if the biz you dealt with is listed with them... Even the Govt has an angle these days... Hope you kept your bad tire...