Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

THE YEAR 2021 MARYLAND CHAT and BS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 06:38 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
Morning World ! Hey guys, in case you didn't already know, when you clicked to come here to MD that it's ALWAYS the weekend here ! Relax, it's Miller time. A mid-80's day today and warmer tomorrow and the next.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:22 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Was just informed I gotta get going here. Penny just scheduled a visit with her Doc to check out a prob with left leg pain. Then need to continue making the pierogies and hit the store for canasta tonight too. Ummmm, me thinks everything planned is NOT going to go as planned. If the laptop can connect to the WI Fi I MIGHT catch you up tomorrow from the RV.

Old 05-21-2021, 09:02 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Howdy Bud......
Is today the new Furnace & A/C day ??

Old 05-21-2021, 09:45 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
Morning Bud, Roy, Rod, Denny, Craig, Shaun, Ken and anyone that I missed....hope that your day is going well.

Bud, good luck to Penny.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:44 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Howdy Bud......
Is today the new Furnace & A/C day ??
Guess you didn't read the post above yours.....SATURDAY ! "(If the laptop can connect to the WI FI I MIGHT catch you up tomorrow from the RV)"

Old 05-21-2021, 03:49 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,520 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Sensational Saturday number Five, Wondrous Weekend Eve, Fantastic Friday for them a still a workn!
Oh did I see it is Strip Canasta night - No pictures!! PLEASE!!!!

Hope everything checked out good with Penny's leg pain.
Hope the WiFi can connect so you can explore more FTE FunnyLand tomorrow. I would hate that you went into Withdrawal's in one day! LOL

I also hope all goes well with the HVAC install.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:57 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Today's visit to the Doc ending up with another set of Xrays today, this time of the left knee area. No diagnosis yet. Gotta make an appt with an ortho Doc. Who knows how long THAT will take. Can't call for appt till Monday now. Then we'll see if the RVing plans for the next month will be in jeopardy. Saw the x-rays of her lower back from Wed's visit today too...YUCK ! Between the scoliosis ( it says severe ) and the degenerative arthritis and disc disease things aren't looking too good . Guessing that will be an appt with a different Doc/Surgeon . Me things she's gonna try to just live with the pain for now. Between the back and the knee she's using a walker. Prayers for Penny are in order. Have I said that aging sucks ? !

Old 05-21-2021, 04:12 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Today's visit to the Doc ending up with another set of Xrays today, this time of the left knee area. No diagnosis yet. Gotta make an appt with an ortho Doc. Who knows how long THAT will take. Can't call for appt till Monday now. Then we'll see if the RVing plans for the next month will be in jeopardy. Saw the x-rays of her lower back from Wed's visit today too...YUCK ! Between the scoliosis ( it says severe ) and the degenerative arthritis and disc disease things aren't looking too good . Guessing that will be an appt with a different Doc/Surgeon . Me things she's gonna try to just live with the pain for now. Between the back and the knee she's using a walker. Prayers for Penny are in order. Have I said that aging sucks ? !
Yes, Getting Old is not for this lame, timid, butt hurt crowd that seems to inhabit the land. They go something coming to them in time! Scoliosis, Degenerative disk and Uncle Arthur - Penny does have my Prayers and Thought!
My Thoughts and Prayers extend to you for the sympathy pain you deal with!

Old 05-22-2021, 05:24 AM
pbsdaddy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 970 Likes on 864 Posts
Good morning Md. Get those AC units in proper working order. You're going to need them today.

Old 05-22-2021, 07:00 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Morning World ! Thanks Rod...appreciate the thoughts ! The crew showed up bright and early and are already hard at work trying to get this done before it gets TOO hot. Supposed to be onto the 90's today.... they are fairly young, I think they'll manage. I have plenty of cold water for them when and if they want it and the Kerig is ready if they want coffee.

The guys beat the ladies last night at canasta !! Beat them as badly as we LOST to them last month !

Old 05-22-2021, 07:16 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Sensational Saturday morning Maryland, Bud, Denny, Shaun, Roy, Ken and all the Saturday crew.
Glad to see you are able to log in and the HVAC guys are already there and hard at it.
90° here today as well with sun in the morning and overcast the rest of the day. That will keep the heat in.

Bud beating the ladies in Canasta isn't the way to keep peace in the house! LOL

Old 05-22-2021, 07:18 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
P.S. I hope the AC guys have an easy time with the demo and install and Penny and you are back in the cool!

Old 05-22-2021, 07:22 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

We haven't had any prob keeping cool with the old system ! After 31 years tho, it 's just a matter of time..... and it's always when you need it the most when IT decides to quit ! Just attempting to beat it at it's own game ! BTW, Rod. You can have today off...tell her I said so !

Old 05-22-2021, 07:48 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
We haven't had any prob keeping cool with the old system ! After 31 years tho, it 's just a matter of time..... and it's always when you need it the most when IT decides to quit ! Just attempting to beat it at it's own game ! BTW, Rod. You can have today off...tell her I said so !
I told her "You said I needed the day off" and I got that look! You know that one where where informs you that she hasn't authorized that!! LOL

I know about them 30 year old units. Moms AC died summer before in the middle of a 90's heat and humidity spell. The good part we were able to get it replaced within 2 days, The same guy did the new install that put the old unit in.
With yours, I ***-U-Me it is going back in the same place. If so that is a big time saver. With Mom's we had to relocate it and that added several hours to the install!
Hope it goes quick and you get Penny back in the cool.

Old 05-22-2021, 07:49 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Good morning Bud...all of Bud-land...and...those who visit this Saturday For All. Good luck with the HVAC install Bud...hope they don't run into any issues. Good on you to have some water and coffee for them. When I had the old homestead painted last fall in preparation to sell it to Melanie...I treated the guys to a feast from a local roadside stand that serves some of the best Mexican food around. Two of the guys were Puerto Rican...2 Dominican...1 Mexican. They were hard workers and saved me over $1000 from the next lowest bid.

Morning World ! Hey guys, in case you didn't already know, when you clicked to come here to MD that it's ALWAYS the weekend here ! Relax, it's Miller time. A mid-80's day today and warmer tomorrow and the next.
Gee Bud...you'd think...that at your age...you'd drink good beer...not skunk pi$$ like Miller.

Sorry to hear about Penny's issues...good thoughts for her. Hopefully the Drs can figure something out to help her and at least relieve the pain. Growing old ain't for sissies.

Quick Reply: THE YEAR 2021 MARYLAND CHAT and BS THREAD