My Gallery is gone!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:48 AM
J Selman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Gallery is gone!

My gallery seems to be gone completly? Why is that?If you click the link in one of my post you get a box like there should be an album but none to click on.If I go to "manage my gallery" there nothing there except a place to create or delete albums.
I reread the rules at the top and can't figure that I broke any!
Please let me know if it was someting that I had in there!
Thanks,Johnny

Last edited by J Selman; 10-06-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
If your gallery was being used to list an item for sale, or had been hidden b4 because of tech photos etc then unhidden by you, it was deleted.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Johnny, What was the *complete content* of your gallery ?

Old 10-06-2003, 11:45 AM
J Selman
Junior User
Torque1st & Mil1ion, A while back after I uploaded the last album I noticed that I could not link it from a post.So I went thru "manage my gallery" and saw that the hide box was checked. I thought I had checked it by accident with I added the last gallery.I guess you are saying that it was hidden by you??Why would it be hidden in the first place ? In the rules it says that just becuase it's hidden don't mean peple could not see it from a forum post link , but that was not the case then.There was never anything for sale in there ,but There was photo's from beginning to end of my frame off restoration.There was 1 pic of a special type of nut for trim ,that was to show a fellow poster what it should look like and a pic of a hood ornament I needed help I.D ing for my own truck.All the rest was photos of my truck like the 3pt seat belt install, tilt column , newer seat , disc brakes, what was do to my engine and more.IMy main reason for having this gallery was to show people what could be done and to help the 67-72 members.I have all my photo's on disc so I'm not worried about that!I thought I was doing a good job of staying within the rules.The other day I wanted to post a pic of hurricane Isabell which made land fall right on us, But didn't becuase I knew it was suspose to be trucks only.

Last edited by J Selman; 10-06-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Mil1ion
New User
We are concerned about the amount of NON- Ford photo galleries being Viewable on the main gallery pages.

Please read my thread at the very top of this forum.

Ps. Why not purchase a FTE Club Memebership so you can post them on your 20 MB web site ?

Old 10-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Club FTE is the best thing to do.

It was probably all of those tech pics that got it hidden the first time and if it was un-hidden by you then it was deleted the second time around. Try posting your tech pics in hidden galleries and your finished product with lots of finished shots and maybe a couple of b4 shots thrown in as your main gallery. The hidden galleries do not show up in the main gallery listings but they do show up when somebody clicks on your gallery link or your main gallery. Do not mix up your tech pics with your main gallery, -that will get it nailed...

Old 10-07-2003, 06:06 AM
J Selman
Junior User
Are you sure you can click the link under a user name in a post and view there hidden alums? That was my problem the fisrt time my albums where hidden.Which I thought I had done .I figured that if admin. had done it I would not be able to just undo it.For people to be able to link it from my post is all I ever wanted. I my self have no luck finding a certain kind of truck from the main gallery page, so I just go to the post and look at 67-72 ford trucks thru the links there.
I tried few peoples albums from a the link in the forums and can not view them.I don't no if Opiewan deleted his other two photos or put them in a hidden but I can only veiw 1 pic of his truck.Is ironbellys album hidden are deleted?I can view it from a link either.
I just don't want to go thru all the trouble to upload all my pics if noone can see them.
Johnny

I just did a test myself. I uploaded two pics put them in a hidden album, then closed out and went to a post of mine to click on the "view users gallery" link. I can see that there is a album but there are no pics that show up. I'm I doing something wrong?

Last edited by J Selman; 10-07-2003 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Mil1ion
New User
It appears to me you haven't uploaded anything.
The gallery doesn't havea name either.

Old 10-07-2003, 11:18 AM
J Selman
Junior User
Mil1ion, I do have a gallery it is named 70 f100. When I try to link it from a post it shows up what you are seeing. Nothing basicly. if I go in thru manage my gallery My pics are there and the name and title shows also.
How i'm going to only unhide it temp. See if you can view it then please.

Old 10-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Mods and admin can see any album. I will check it later tonight from another computer as a guest account.

Old 10-07-2003, 05:09 PM
J Selman
Junior User
Torque1st, Do you want it hidden or unhidden before you check in from another computer? Right now it is unhidden.
Thanks,Johnny

Old 10-07-2003, 06:22 PM
J Selman
Junior User
I went ahead and added a 2 album and hide it, so it would make it easier to tell what is going on.Then I was reading in the other guys post that the problem has been fixed. Thanks!Now I can click the link and see my hidden album!I just wanted to say that this problem has been here for a while. I have clicked on alot of galleries(links from post) and not been able to see anything. I thought it was just a temporary problem with the site.I am sorry that I unhidden my galleries when it was you that hide them.I'm a guy that likes to fix things on my own!I did not think that I would be able to undo things that you done, so I never thought twice about unhiding them.At the time I just could not figure out what good the albums were if Only I could see them.
I guess when you delete the Albums there no easy way to get them back up, short of me reloaded them??
Thanks,Johnny

Old 10-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
There is another post on here at the moment with the same problem, the software has been fixed. The software was changed for a number of reasons from what it used to be and the change had some bugs.

There are no backups for deleted albums.

Admin can hide and unhide galleries.

Old 10-08-2003, 05:37 AM
Opiewan
Elder User
wish i could have my underneath look as clean as yours does. Nice

Old 10-09-2003, 05:26 AM
J Selman
Junior User
Thanks Opiewan!!!

Admin,Now when I do get around to to redoing my gallery, in the first album( which will be unhidden) can I show pics of the finished underneath, under hood , interior?Or does it have to be hood & doors shut photo's.
Thanks,Johnny

Quick Reply: My Gallery is gone!