Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Questions about 72 Ranger Camper Special

Old 07-12-2019, 06:29 PM
JoeKan
Junior User
JoeKan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Questions about 72 Ranger Camper Special

I just bought a 1972 F 250 Ranger Camper Special. I'm trying to get it from where I bought it at (Oregon) to where I'm at (Kansas). I thought of some questions that I was hoping you call could help with. It has 2 gas tanks which I think was standard. How many gallons does each hold? How do you switch from one tank to the other? If one tank is behind the seat, where is the 2nd tank? Once I get her home I plan on restoring her so I'll have lots more questions then. Thanks for your help,
Joe from Kansas

Old 07-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
It sounds like you're planning on driving it there? I'd skip that expedition. For not much more money, maybe less, you can have it shipped on a trailer. Way too many potential problems buying much less driving something sight unseen?

Old 07-12-2019, 06:52 PM
JoeKan
Junior User
Yes, I'm having it shipped. Sorry for the confusion

Old 07-13-2019, 11:33 AM
JoeKan
Junior User
Doesn't anyone have a 72 ranger camper special or are these dumb questions?

Old 07-13-2019, 11:34 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
Sorry I can't help. Somebody will be along eventually.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:12 PM
JoeKan
Junior User
Never mind, found the answers.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:18 PM
Jigs_n_Fixtures
Junior User
Jigs_n_Fixtures is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 69 had I think 19.5 in the cab tank, and 21 in the saddle tank.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:52 AM
1TonBasecamp
Postmaster
1TonBasecamp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.1TonBasecamp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Was the tank switching valve on yours down by the driver's door sill adjacent to the seat bracket? Or somewhere else?

Good luck with the new truck! Sounds like a fun project, especially if it's in decent shape to begin with (hopefully).
And almost no such thing as a dumb question around here. Just sometimes not a quick answer.

And probably the occasional dumb answer! But most are pretty helpful.

Paul

Old 07-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Jigs_n_Fixtures
Junior User
Jigs_n_Fixtures is starting off with a positive reputation.
The fuel switch valve is on the floor between the door and the seat track, towards the rear, and back by the back of the door. The gauges have a switch on the dash next to the light switch.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:45 PM
JoeKan
Junior User
I'm about to find out. The carrier is picking it up tonight and should be home in Kansas in about 4 days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.