Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Adding OEM remote start to 2015 F-250

Old 07-12-2019, 11:17 AM
scutler83
New User
scutler83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Adding OEM remote start to 2015 F-250

Just installed the factory remote start kit in the truck (antenna and cable) and ready to get keys cut and programmed as well as program the BCM myself using FORScan. Couple questions:
Question 1: I've got the program downloaded and the cable needed to do the programming. Anyone out there have any adverse effects from doing this themselves? Also could you verify which codes to modify?
Question 2: Any reason to have Ford cut the new keys or should anyone be able to? Think I can program them myself since as I already have 2 transponder keys. Any advise greatly appreciated!

Old 07-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
#1 - No, many users have installed and activated remote start with FORScan.

#2 - Doesn't matter who cuts the keys as long as they will turn the ignition cylinder.

Here are six links that might help in the future.

Link #1 - The 6.7 Forum....more tech threads on your truck than here

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Link #2 - The FORScan thread in the 6.7 Forum of changes people have verified. Long but interesting reading on a rain day or cold winter night.

FORScan and As-Built Data - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Link #3 - Spreadsheet of changes that you can make to various modules such as Remote Start, Bambi mode, Lane change flashes, etc. Title says 2016 but applies to 2013-2016 trucks and some of it applies to 2011-2012 trucks (known exceptions are radio, HVAC). Some changes can be made to other models such as F150, Fusion etc.

FORScan 2016 Super Duty - Google Sheets

Link #4 - Ford As-Built data. Enter your VIN and you can download the module data for your truck. This AB data is for all the modules such as the IPC, HVAC, SCCM, APM, APIM, etc

Ford As-Built Data

Link #5 - Ford OBDII pdf. Helps with DTC's you might have in the future. Also explains some functions associated with a DTC.

OBD system - General Overview and Operation Summary

Link #6 - Coffee Table Books. There are two that cover the 6.7. The larger covers the 2011-2014. The smaller has the updates Ford made to the 6.7 in 2015-2016.

Coffee Table Books

Old 07-12-2019, 08:13 PM
96_F250_Deezal
Elder User
96_F250_Deezal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.96_F250_Deezal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by scutler83 View Post
Just installed the factory remote start kit in the truck (antenna and cable) and ready to get keys cut and programmed as well as program the BCM myself using FORScan. Couple questions:
Question 1: I've got the program downloaded and the cable needed to do the programming. Anyone out there have any adverse effects from doing this themselves? Also could you verify which codes to modify?
Question 2: Any reason to have Ford cut the new keys or should anyone be able to? Think I can program them myself since as I already have 2 transponder keys. Any advise greatly appreciated!
Make sure you have registered on the FORScan forum, your account has been approved by an admin and you have an extended license. You will need the Extended license to program keys and make changes to the as built data.

I added remote start to my 2011 F350. The local Ford dealer cut the keys that came with the remote start kit. My truck already 4 keys programmed and I only had 1 key that worked. so I deleted all the previous keys and programmed the 2 that I had. then enabled the remote start feature in the BCM and enabled the menu in the IPC. works very well.

In the BCM, modify line 726-19-01

in the IPC, modify line 720-01-02

Old 07-13-2019, 08:54 PM
geekwithoutacause
Elder User
geekwithoutacause is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by scutler83 View Post
No, it's quite easy. Just make sure you understand how to do it. Just watch some youtube videos. It's very easy to do. Just make sure you use the f250 spreadsheet.
Ford can cut them for you. I called my dealer and they told me it would cost 5 dollars. When I dropped by they cut the key and told me there was no charge. Some hardware stores are too scared to screw it up and refuse to cut them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.