Notices
Aerostar Ford Aerostar

Not sure

Old 07-12-2019, 10:01 AM
davcad
New User
davcad is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure

Hello again guys, still mulling around trying to undo years of short cuts. I changed my upper arm bushings yesterday. The vehicle had a 1 inch dip to the front on the driver's side, the dip is still there, it make the old girl look lopsided. Any suggestions as to what may cause this. This is going to be a very long task as many of the sensor are not where they ought to be be.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:52 AM
xlt4wd90
Post Fiend
xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The most likely cause of a droop would be a weaker spring on the front driver's side. That's the side that would always have a load (driver), vs the passenger side may not always have a load. You might try swapping the springs side-to-side to see if the dip moves to the passenger side.

More involved would be if parts of the frame got distorted by overloading or a hard impact in the past.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 PM
davcad
New User
davcad is starting off with a positive reputation.
spring swap

Ok will try to swap out springs, on second thought will change both will use the ones from the one I purchased to scrap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.