Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate this black wheel fad!

Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 AM
gravedgr
Likes to go fast
gravedgr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ATC Crazy View Post
Worse yet, if you don't painstakingly keep your tires sidewall clean and glossed up...it looks dumb against black wheels...
Sidewall gloss, what is that?

It's a truck. I don't even wash it. That's what the rain is for.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 AM
V10DoubleTow
Senior User
V10DoubleTow is starting off with a positive reputation.
My XLT wheels are ugly IMO.

Have the same wheels on my Magnetic Gray STX. Was thinking of painting the wheels mag gray also but haven't been able to find any pics before I pull the trigger.

Either that or a full polish.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:07 AM
GABAR
Postmaster
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
Seriously...I'm looking at tires and wheels for my truck now, and 8 out of every 10 wheels is only offered in black. I hate it! This black wheel fad is stupid (along with the gold, bronze, and gray ones)!
It seems like everyone wants to brodoze their trucks, and the aftermarket is pandering to their requests. Every truck is a CCSB diesel with a leveling kit, 20-22" BLACK wheels with low profile mud tires and the usual bolt-on trinkets...

I've been looking for hours all week long...find a wheel design I really like....and it's black Cross that one off the list...
There are thousands of wheels out there today for our trucks...and I can only find 2 or 3 that I would buy.

Sorry for the rant and sorry if you have black wheels (you know what they say about opinions!), but I'm just getting fed up with it all.

And on top of that, I gotta pick a tire to go with it....
Lol.......
Ummmm, you never mentioned or said what color or finish of wheel that you’re interested in or looking for.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:16 AM
TCNashville
Senior User
TCNashville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by BillyE View Post
Those are my favorite ones! I guess we’re all different
My favorite as well. Have them on my STX. PITA to keep clean though.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:17 AM
JHForman812
Senior User
JHForman812 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
Lol.......
Ummmm, you never mentioned or said what color or finish of wheel that you’re interested in or looking for.

Actually I believe he said he likes the machined look, but the wheels you want style wise, go to a machine shop and have them cut to the finish

Old 07-11-2019, 09:40 AM
DSLTRK60
Senior User
DSLTRK60 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm starting to consider powdercoating these wheels. Matte black hides brake dust and pits/ scuffs better than the grey.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:45 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to behold
bring back weld super single's

Old 07-11-2019, 10:08 AM
rewillia
Senior User
rewillia is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post

Very befitting for the particular year model. Looks appropriate, i.e. great.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Shreve T
Senior User
Shreve T is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post

Believe it or not you can still buy Weld wheels, American Force has this exact wheel in there line up..

Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Todd157k
New User
Todd157k is starting off with a positive reputation.
Same thing here.. when I was looking for wheels on my last truck. Everything was 'black'. I figured when I got my F250, I'd have to start all over. I 'like' the factory wheels ok, but knew I'd replace them sooner or later. I ended up with just that.. black wheels but from the factory. I wouldn't go out and buy these wheels, but it fits the motif of the truck so I'll probably leave them on for a while... however, I really dig those wheels in post #11.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Arctic033
Junior User
Arctic033 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My XLT wheels are ugly IMO.

I'll take them ha ha... I ordered my 2019 XLT with the premium package which automatically includes the chrome package. I wanted the basic wheels and I'm looking for a set on craigslist etc since I don't want the chrome wheels. So far I haven't been successful.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:10 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Shreve T View Post
Believe it or not you can still buy Weld wheels, American Force has this exact wheel in there line up..
I searched and searched when i bought my wheels for my 2017. Do you have a link? Weld stopped making them from what i saw apprx 10-15 yrs ago. I really liked the weld because they were forged and well made, and strong as hell.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:50 PM
BK39
Senior User
BK39 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The AF wheels that look like that are called "Classic".

Old 07-11-2019, 02:00 PM
BowtieConvert
Elder User
BowtieConvert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by BK39 View Post
The AF wheels that look like that are called "Classic".
5 lugs to boot. Haven't seen that on a truck wheel in a while.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:16 PM
River Wild
Elder User
River Wild is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.River Wild is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
HAHA...I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't into black wheels. I don't care for the new styles either so there is two strikes. I'm a bit old school and like the a "classic" style and I was almost going to buy these from pro-comp but they don't have the load rating for the tires I want to get(285 or 295-75-18). Other than the bumpers and grill I have no other chrome on my rig so I'm ok with the look.

I have the same stock wheels as ATC Crazy and I'll just keep them. Not the coolest but they go around....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.