Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate this black wheel fad!

Old 07-10-2019, 09:11 PM
zeroo
Elder User
zeroo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Iíve had a 30 years of chrome/polished aluminum wheels, I love the change.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:13 PM
PentaPop
Elder User
PentaPop is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just like plain old brushed aluminum but they are getting hard to find without some weird looking spokes. I see even Alcoa wheels are coming in black now.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:14 PM
Mattm400
Junior User
Mattm400 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Travis Runty View Post
Be cool man. :-)
That is one nice looking truck! Love the contrast of black wheels & white paint! I think the black/chrome/aluminum wheels are all ok, it really depends on the rest of the truck. Color, does it have chrome bumpers, etc. etc. Its the whole package you have to look at.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Captain 40
New User
Captain 40 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about doing this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...NL7?li=BBnbfcL

You could paint them whatever color makes you happy!

Old 07-10-2019, 09:16 PM
brentadams646
Senior User
brentadams646 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Iíve felt the same way for a really long time. But sometimes I feel like you can find a few good looking wheels that pull off black correctly. I never thought Iíd buy black wheels, but I ended up with them on this truck. Theyíre a black anodized finish, so they have a different look than most other black painted or powder coated wheels.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Stock wheels here too. And stock size tires. I want all the engineering validation that I already paid for when I bought the truck.

It is ironic how some American flag waving brodozer operators spend thousands on crack prone crap cast overseas out of recycled soda cans... that HAS to be painted something in order to hide the bondo filling the porosity in the castings.

The overseas wheel manufacturers must must get a good laugh... making money twice on every truck transaction. First, for making the factory wheels (shame on Ford) and then, for making the higher profit margin, lower quality, fancier looking aftermarket replacements.

Those who believe they are "making a statement" of personal uniqueness by their choice in wheels... are simultaneously making statements about their choice in values.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:35 PM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Section179 View Post
I love the stock wheels. I canít think of another wheel Iíd be happier with.

I actually wanted to buy to buy a set of those wheels not long after I got my truck...but after looking into it and seeing they are going for $1200+ (and seeing the price of tires for 20's) I just can't do it. I'm going with 17's. The price difference in tires vs. 18 or 20's will pay for the wheels I choose in a few sets. Plus I like the larger tire sidewall for ride, wheel protection, and look.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:38 PM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
Stock wheels here too. And stock size tires. I want all the engineering validation that I already paid for when I bought the truck.

It is ironic how some American flag waving brodozer operators spend thousands on crack prone crap cast overseas out of recycled soda cans... that HAS to be painted something in order to hide the bondo filling the porosity in the castings.

The overseas wheel manufacturers must must get a good laugh... making money twice on every truck transaction. First, for making the factory wheels (shame on Ford) and then, for making the higher profit margin, lower quality, fancier looking aftermarket replacements.

Those who believe they are "making a statement" of personal uniqueness by their choice in wheels... are simultaneously making statements about their choice in values.
Very few aftermarket wheels today are the "crack prone crap with porosity" that you describe. Maybe for the cheapest of wheels from a no-name-brand, but certainly not from an established brand.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Travis Runty
Junior User
Travis Runty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Mattm400 View Post
That is one nice looking truck! Love the contrast of black wheels & white paint! I think the black/chrome/aluminum wheels are all ok, it really depends on the rest of the truck. Color, does it have chrome bumpers, etc. etc. Its the whole package you have to look at.
Thanks man!

Old 07-10-2019, 10:05 PM
7591250sd
Senior User
7591250sd is starting off with a positive reputation.
IMHO - to much $ spent trying to look better, I'm happy with stock, and don't have to worry about a little dirt, or a scratch from actually doing what a truck is for..

Old 07-10-2019, 10:13 PM
MBaldo
Senior User
MBaldo is starting off with a positive reputation.

Chrome would have never worked with White Platinum, but I do get it. I wouldn't want all black either, so I went with these Fuel Lethal Wheels. Just enough silver to break up the all black.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:23 PM
mtnguy
Senior User
mtnguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mtnguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Section179 View Post
I love the stock wheels. I canít think of another wheel Iíd be happier with.
Ditto. I donít have the same wheels, but I think my factory wheels look great.

But to each his own. That is what makes us such a diverse group.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:53 PM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 7591250sd View Post
IMHO - to much $ spent trying to look better, I'm happy with stock, and don't have to worry about a little dirt, or a scratch from actually doing what a truck is for..
My XLT wheels are ugly IMO.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 PM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Travis Runty View Post
Be cool man. :-)
Ill be honest...I do like some black steelies on a nice dually

Old 07-10-2019, 11:10 PM
willynilly
Elder User
willynilly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i agree about the brodozer look being lame. i see them everyday and i want to poke my eyes out with a screwdriver

i like a nice simple design wheel in satin black . intricate machining and designs with fake bolts arent my cup of tea

sport packages with the body color matched is what i prefer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.