Notices
1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

2001 expedition brakes sticking after hard braking

Old 07-06-2019, 01:10 PM
DidgeDingo
New User
DidgeDingo is starting off with a positive reputation.
2001 expedition brakes sticking after hard braking

My 2001 expedition 4x4 is having an issue where if I brake hard the brakes won't release for a while.
At first it released when the rpms dropped so I thought it might be the booster. Replaced that and the master cylinder.
It still will hold the brakes on after I let up on the pedal and eventually release.

It's not just one caliper as it's not pulling to one side at all. It feels like the whole brake system is applied.

I've been searching for a similar issue and haven't found anything. Anyone have a suggestion?

Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM
alloro
alloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant future
Have you ever replaced the brake hoses? This is a common issue with old hoses.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:07 PM
DidgeDingo
New User
DidgeDingo is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's my next step. Being a former highway patrol vehicle it might have gotten some hard use. I'll check the lines and see the cost in replacing them. I bought a second expedition when these issues started so at least it is my secondary expedition right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.