Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 1968-2013 Full Size Vans
Reload this Page >

1988 E250 CW 7.5L - Has anyone replaced the power steering pump?

Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Old 07-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Fishrule
New User
Fishrule is starting off with a positive reputation.

I'm trying to figure out what, besides the pump itself, has to come out. The radiator? The A/C pump? The ginormous bracket that holds the A/C pump, the tensioner puller and the sttering pump itself? Anything? Is there a how-to anywhere? If anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to pick your brain.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Fishrule
New User
Fishrule is starting off with a positive reputation.
Okay, Iíll respond to my own post

To remove the pump I first removed the steering gearbox (which I was replacing anyway - but I donít think it strictly needed to be done for a successful pump removal). I then removed the 4 bolts that held in the air conditioning compressor and pushed it aft, creating enough room (just barely) to remove the pump topside. I even left the high and low pressure hoses attached. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:15 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Good going on your DIY replacement---it would seem you're the first one to do this on that chassis and engine combo.

And this will probably help someone in the future----never know. I've sent reps your way for a decent contribution.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.