Notices

HEGO stuck on 0.0 volts at idle

Old 07-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Westcar
New User
Westcar is starting off with a positive reputation.
HEGO stuck on 0.0 volts at idle

The new Bsoch HEGO on my '88 F-250 5.8L, manual transmission, is stuck on 0.0 volts at idle and only begins switching above 2000RPM. Propane enrichment makes the HEGO respond at idle so I assume the engine is running lean. There is also the random spitting sound of a lean idle misfire at the tailpipe. Vacuum gauge is steady at 16 in. , fuel pressure is 35 psi at the rail, and I cannot locate any vacuum leaks after testing all lines and reservoirs. All intake manifold gaskets and PCV valve are new. MAP, ECT and IAT sensors test at normal specs. Injectors were cleaned , flow tested and matched for performance. No EGR leaks. Tried a known good replacement ECM with no change. Any ideas as to why the engine is running lean?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.