Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 f250 7.3 up pipes and pms

Old 07-10-2019, 04:45 PM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to behold
welcome. Trying to keep the forums alive!!! i dont do social media
Parts will be here tomorrow.

Plan to take more pictures this weekend and hopefully have her back running!

Old 07-10-2019, 05:27 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
If you dont have gauges, now be a good time to tap/plug the manifold for future egt gauge?

Old 07-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
I was actually thinking how much easier it looks like it would be to apply wrap to the exhuast manifolds with all that access

Old 07-10-2019, 07:46 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Nice work my friend! Enjoying the photos.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:37 AM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
aawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post
First thanks for the look at a Felpro gasket, never seen one.

Second the coloration on the exhaust manifold looks suspect. Looks like #6 was running cold. Is that really something or just the way things went? Was it running OK before... all this?

Also word is re-torqueing the injector hold down bolts while warm is good practice.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:00 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to beholdKubotaOrange76 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
If you dont have gauges, now be a good time to tap/plug the manifold for future egt gauge?
GOOD IDEA!, defintely wont hurt and will be much easier!!!

Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
I was actually thinking how much easier it looks like it would be to apply wrap to the exhuast manifolds with all that access
very true. This truck is going to stay stock, I hope. Wife is driving my 17' currently and is hooked on the 6.7 power, so we will see, lol

Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Nice work my friend! Enjoying the photos.
Thank you, hope to get her wrapped up this weekend, thought evryone might get a kick out of cab coming off.

Originally Posted by aawlberninf350 View Post
First thanks for the look at a Felpro gasket, never seen one .

Second the coloration on the exhaust manifold looks suspect. Looks like #6 was running cold. Is that really something or just the way things went? Was it running OK before... all this?

Also word is re-torqueing the injector hold down bolts while warm is good practice.
Thanks for the tips
Thats part of the reason i posted the pic, i noticed not much had been said about the felpro's. I thought the quality of the gaskets was very good. no issues

I will get a picture from the side of the manifold, from what i saw the paint was burnt up evenly on the sides of the heads, and the truck ran/runs great. Smooth, no smoking misses etc

I went ahead and checked rocker arm hold down torque, as well as injector hold down torque while under there, i know its not warm, i plan to do again once im able to warm it up. I took them to 120 inch pounds and they didn't move

Old 07-11-2019, 07:03 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
Does that rear injector look like its been replaced to you guys?
IT has a different code on it, AE vs the others with AD. as well as the connector has a different color to it.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:35 AM
Dan V
Posting Guru
Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.Dan V has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post
Does that rear injector look like its been replaced to you guys?
IT has a different code on it, AE vs the others with AD. as well as the connector has a different color to it.
The AE in the 8 hole was a OEM thing. I can't recall the year it started though. Notice it has LL on the solenoid.....Long Lead

Old 07-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
I have no input on whether or not it's been replaced but the AE injector in that hole is standard since '00 at least and maybe '99.5, it is different to reduce cackle do to a fuel starved injector. They call it 'long lead' and I believe it stays open a little longer to allow more fuel in.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
the AE injector in that hole is standard since '00 at least and maybe '99.5
For what it's worth, my 99.5 has all AD

Old 07-11-2019, 09:49 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
Learn something new everyday, thank you guys for the info.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:20 PM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
Now i can finish

Old 07-12-2019, 12:25 AM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
aawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud of
...Schwing!

Old 07-12-2019, 07:30 AM
slowsure
Senior User
slowsure is starting off with a positive reputation.
KubotaOrange76
I see you bought new high pressure oil line fittings, did you buy the ones with no check valve or with check valve ?
Im getting ready to change mine on my truck and wonder the difference/advantage of the two valves.

great pictures and post on your work thanks!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:11 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
I bought these ford the heads
https://www.riffraffdiesel.com/hpop-...er-head-99-03/

the ones on the hpop i just installed the orings that came in the hpop oring kits

honestly i did not know there was a difference in check valve vs not. Forgive me ive been out of the 7.3 game for 14 years. Are the valves in the fittings on the pump?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.