Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about 2019 F250 STX model

Old 07-04-2019, 05:07 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
markusarealuis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Questions about 2019 F250 STX model

Hello all - I am a newbie to Ford and diesels so bear with me on stupid questions please. I have done some great upgrades to my truck and I would like to do more but want to keep the additions looking like factory.

1.) Does my truck have the capabilities for the side mirror spot light function? I know I would need to buy the switch for it and bezel but I wonder if the wiring is there - much like the upfitter wiring or the factory fog light add?

2.) just above the rear bumper inside center (where the trailer connection is wired) there appears to be a taped off green wire. Does anyone know what this does ? I am thinking this is some accessory that my STX package didnít include. Can someone with a higher level trim package chime in here.

3.) can push button start be added? Has anyone done this ?

4.) my dash has the 4Ē radio sync display (this may be answered already) but couldnít I just rob the 8Ē display unit from a wrecked F250 and swap it out with mine ? I have ran across several while finding my new cluster and couldíve picked them up cheap with the bezel.

This forum is a wealth of knowledge and information and thanks everyone for all your help so far.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:09 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
One more question: my truck didnít come with tailgate step is there a way to retro fit mine with pop up step ?

Old 07-04-2019, 05:53 PM
cficare
Postmaster
cficare has a good reputation on FTE.cficare has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by markusarealuis View Post
One more question: my truck didn’t come with tailgate step is there a way to retro fit mine with pop up step ?
I'll let those with hands-on experience answer questions #1 thru #4, but I can tell you that adding the tailgate step means replacing the tailgate itself (different internal configuration). That means a few thousand $$$ to get that step added using all new parts. But you could possibly locate one sold privately on eBay or CL, or even a salvage yard. At 61 y.o., I greatly appreciate my tailgate step.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Crabbman P
Senior User
Crabbman P is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 4" sync seems to be much less problematic and buggy then the large touchscreen according to some posts here and in the F150 forum.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:28 PM
pruav
Junior User
pruav is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by markusarealuis View Post
One more question: my truck didnít come with tailgate step is there a way to retro fit mine with pop up step ?
I put a bumper step on mine. Way cheaper than a new tailgate.
https://realtruck.com/p/amp-research-bed-step/

Old 07-04-2019, 06:36 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
Originally Posted by pruav View Post
I put a bumper step on mine. Way cheaper than a new tailgate.
https://realtruck.com/p/amp-research-bed-step/
How does it look retracted going down the road ?

Old 07-04-2019, 06:52 PM
pruav
Junior User
pruav is starting off with a positive reputation.
Went out at and took some photos. It folds up under the bumper when not in use. I use the bed rail as a hand hold when getting into the bed, left foot on step, right foot on tailgate.

up position

looking down

down position

Old 07-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Joe T
Posting Guru
Joe T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Joe T is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Unfortunately I think all 4 of those features in themselves alone would be not financially feasible if you wanted to upgrade. The parts and work is pretty extensive, probably better to trade in or look at upgrading sooner.

You could have ordered all this but the push button start on the STX.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:14 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
I can answer 1 and 4.

1. Yes the actual led spotlight is already in the mirror and wired. To make them work you will need the module, bezel, switch and to enable it with forscan. The trick is the module is a swap only basis from Ford. There is a core charge and a note on the modules that says exchange basis only. So you would need to source it outside of Ford. I got mine from LKQ for 150.00.

4. The 8" cluster is a great easy swap, I suggest you contact Livinitup on here by sending a PM. He is a master with these swaps and can set you right and get you going for a good price!

Old 07-05-2019, 01:53 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
Originally Posted by ford390gashog View Post
I can answer 1 and 4.

1. Yes the actual led spotlight is already in the mirror and wired. To make them work you will need the module, bezel, switch and to enable it with forscan. The trick is the module is a swap only basis from Ford. There is a core charge and a note on the modules that says exchange basis only. So you would need to source it outside of Ford. I got mine from LKQ for 150.00.

4. The 8" cluster is a great easy swap, I suggest you contact Livinitup on here by sending a PM. He is a master with these swaps and can set you right and get you going for a good price!
Thank you I have already swapped out the 8" inch cluster.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Sljb4
New User
Sljb4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=ford390gashog;18738477]I can answer 1 and 4.

ford390gashog, can you please explain more about the parts for the mirror lights. I am interested to see what this involves for the conversion. I am lost on the module part and where does the switch go. Not trying to hijack this thread just looking for info. thank you.

Old 07-05-2019, 04:40 PM
h20camper
Posting Guru
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can answer 1 and 4.

So you did this to a XL/STX? I have the switches installed as I upgraded to Lariat vent bezels. I'd only need the module.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:10 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=Sljb4;18739446]
I can answer 1 and 4.

ford390gashog, can you please explain more about the parts for the mirror lights. I am interested to see what this involves for the conversion. I am lost on the module part and where does the switch go. Not trying to hijack this thread just looking for info. thank you.

The drivers side air vent bezel, pull it out and you will see the harness attached to it. Just swap a new bezel with switch in its place. The module mounts under the dash on a bracket above the right side. The harness is just clipped to the metal unused.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:11 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by h20camper View Post
So you did this to a XL/STX? I have the switches installed as I upgraded to Lariat vent bezels. I'd only need the module.

Module and programming with Forscan,

Old 07-05-2019, 09:22 PM
markusarealuis
Junior User
[QUOTE=ford390gashog;18739934]
Originally Posted by Sljb4 View Post

The drivers side air vent bezel, pull it out and you will see the harness attached to it. Just swap a new bezel with switch in its place. The module mounts under the dash on a bracket above the right side. The harness is just clipped to the metal unused.
Would you happen to have a part number or a pic of the module ? I ordered the bezel and switch .... looking for module now and a part number would help tremendously.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.