Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Motor mounts and frame towers?

Old 06-29-2019, 12:52 PM
tdmoparguy
Freshman User
tdmoparguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Motor mounts and frame towers?

I have a '75 E-150 that I'm going to swap a 351w Roller motor in, are all '75-91 small block frame towers the same for 302 and 351w? Will the older motor mounts work, or do I need to use '92+ motor mounts?

Old 07-08-2019, 06:54 AM
tdmoparguy
Freshman User
Bump it up.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:51 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Obviously no one here knows or has done this same swap.

My pure speculation is IF those engines were available in the years your E150 frame and body were regularly factory options then most likely your roller motor would basically drop right in. Almost certainly you'll need dedicated motor mounts for that engine in that van body/frame---'75 was about the time we were becoming limited on any chassis being able to accept any engine in or of the same brand; Ford, Chevy, Dodge etc.

We can hope user NumberDummy comes along with his wealth of info regarding whether the 302/351's were installed in the '75 E-Series.

Pure speculation here---by far NOT the authority on this----sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Spaznaut
Elder User
Spaznaut is starting off with a positive reputation.
What engine originally came in the van?

Old Today, 09:05 AM
tdmoparguy
Freshman User
It's got a 300 six.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.