Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L)
Reload this Page >

5.4, brake pedal goes to the floor, with a whoosh sound, with engine running?

Notices

5.4, brake pedal goes to the floor, with a whoosh sound, with engine running?

Old 06-24-2019, 07:53 PM
mach2race
Junior User
mach2race is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation 5.4, brake pedal goes to the floor, with a whoosh sound, with engine running?

Pedal is firm, when engine is off. I have good fluid levels in master cylinder and nothing on the truck has been messed with in months. Truck ran fine 2 days ago, but started it yesterday and brake pedal, now goes to the floor. I checked the fluid level and its fine. Is this a brake booster problem or an ABS problem? I don't remember seeing any brake warning lights and the fluid level looks good.

I have been told, a bad booster will not cause the pedal to go to the floor, but I don't know??? I would greatly appreciate some help from one of you truck guru's...
Thanks guys!
TB

Old 06-25-2019, 05:14 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Has anyone ever suggested posting your year, model, chassis and fuel type in your questions here?

Old 06-25-2019, 09:27 AM
alloro
alloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mach2race View Post
but started it yesterday and brake pedal, now goes to the floor. I checked the fluid level and its fine.
Inspect the inside of all the wheels and underbody for signs of brake fluid leaking. A tiny leak will cause the low pedal and still take a while to lose a noticeable amount of brake fluid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.