Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C
Reload this Page >

2014 f150 ac/defrost mode actuator reset or home

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Joey Gunter
New User
Joey Gunter is starting off with a positive reputation.

My ac/defrost mode actuator (the one directly above the gas pedal) started popping when I adjust the modes on the panel and also several times once I open and close my doors. After finding a little info on this I decided to DIY this project. What I'm seeing though is on other makes and models is theres a way to reset or home most of these actuators after installation. But I've found nothing for this specific one. Anyone got any knowledge on this? 2014 F150XLT v6 ecoboost 4x4

Old 06-14-2019, 06:26 AM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
The following procedure is out of the 2013 manual, should be the same on the 2014. Focus on steps 6 & 7 to calibrate the actuator to the system.

Removal and Installation

NOTE: The defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator can be accessed from underneath the LH side of the instrument panel.
  1. Disconnect the defrost/panel/floor door mode door actuator electrical connector.
  1. Remove the 2 defrost/panel/floor door mode door actuator screws.
  1. Remove the defrost/panel/floor door mode door actuator.
  1. NOTICE: The ignition key must be off when replacing the actuator. Energizing the actuator before installation will cause the part to become positioned incorrectly and proper orientation will be lost. Incorrect actuator operation will result.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.
  1. Remove the passenger side cowl trim panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-12 .
  1. NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

Remove Body Control Module BCM fuse 46 for at least one minute.
  1. NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

Reinstall BCM fuse 46. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct mode door actuator operation.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Joey Gunter
New User
Joey Gunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by projectSHO89 View Post
The following procedure is out of the 2013 manual, should be the same on the 2014. Focus on steps 6 & 7 to calibrate the actuator to the system.
This is exactly what I have been unsuccessfully looking for!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.