Notices

My balls to low

Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 PM
dzdiggin'dude
Senior User
dzdiggin'dude is starting off with a positive reputation.
My ***** to low

What do you guys use for WDH with the older campers that have lower hitch height? I have a 17 Expedition that has a top of receiver tube height of 20" and I need the top of the ball at 18". All the WDH that I see have the ***** sitting to high. If I add a drop ball mount to most hitches ,it would be close to the ground.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:52 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
So there is no adjustment in your WDH?

Old 06-12-2019, 03:49 AM
dzdiggin'dude
Senior User
I am looking at buying one and haven't found one that the has the correct ball height without using a dropped shank.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:04 AM
harmanrk
Senior User
harmanrk is starting off with a positive reputation.
So if the top of the tube is at 20 inches, and you go to an 8 inch drop, that should leave you 12 inches from the bottom of the shank and the pavement. That is how everyone does it. The other option would be to let air our of the rear tires till it drops far enough to level the trailer.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 AM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dzdiggin'dude View Post
I am looking at buying one and haven't found one that the has the correct ball height without using a dropped shank.

Every WDH I know of is adjustable most are at minimum 4" drop/ lift just depends on how you install it. Not to mention having the ball slightly higher will compensate for the initial drop anyway.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:36 PM
dzdiggin'dude
Senior User
I bought a used Husky Centerline this winter off of Craigslist and when I took our camper out of storage I found out that I could not lower the ball enough. I was just wondering if any WDH's are made with the ball lower in the perch so I don't need a drop mount? Thanks.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:01 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dzdiggin'dude View Post
What do you guys use for WDH with the older campers that have lower hitch height? I have a 17 Expedition that has a top of receiver tube height of 20" and I need the top of the ball at 18". All the WDH that I see have the ***** sitting to high. If I add a drop ball mount to most hitches ,it would be close to the ground.
Our Equalizer 10k WDH works great and has an adjustable shank.
There are optional shanks available with more drop.
If I measured ours right with the shank flipped over the top of the ball would be level with the top of the receiver tube opening.
The head mounting holes are 2.5" apart.
From the bottom hole of the head to the top of the ball is about 7".

Old 06-15-2019, 08:37 PM
meborder
meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.meborder has a spectacular reputation.
A slightly longer stinger is one option.

Looks like this one might get you where you need to be without hanging too low.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...2-02-4213.html

have you considered lifting the trailer? Sometime those older trailers are so low that lifting them isn’t the worst thing you could do. Usually just a flip kit is all you need to get 2” of lift.

Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Postmaster
99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation
Hmmmmm...........When I saw the title of this thread, I thought........................................... ...

LOL!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.