General Automotive Discussion

Military window decals, ha ha ha....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 02:35 PM
ButchA
Freshman User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Military window decals, ha ha ha....

If anyone here is also a veteran, you will get a kick out of this!

As seen in the image below on my 2012 Ford Escape (XLT model, 3.0L V6), I am retired US Coast Guard. My daughter is a professional French Horn musician, and a few years ago, she auditioned for -and made- the US Marine Corps Band! She survived the rigors of Parris Island, Camp Lejeune, etc.. and then got stationed in San Diego, CA. She is doing well, now married, and just made Sergeant (E-5) in the Marines.

Anyway, a good friend of mine is ex-Marine and we constantly bust each other's chops all the time. He's hilarious and a real good friend who I can always count on, even though he calls me a "Puddle Pirate" or a "Harbor Rat" because I was in the Coast Guard. I always refer to him as a "Jar Head", and we go back and forth, busting on each other every chance we get! LOL...

Next thing I knew, he starts busting on me over my new/used 2012 Ford Escape, and how I just put a "Proud Parent of a US Marine" sticker on the rear window, in honor and support of my daughter. He told me that it now increased the value of my Ford Escape! Really, dude? Is that all you got?

Anyone want to step in and help me out here? LOL!!!

Name:  WFmZgrV.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  199.0 KB

Old 06-12-2019, 03:33 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,107 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Butch...welcome to FTE!!! Congrats to you for having raised a great young lady...congrats to her on her accomplishments...you're a proud Dad...and...you deserve some bragging rights!!!

As for the Marine buddy busting your chops about the new to you Escape...I've got nothing...but...I'm sure you'll come up with something. Your Marine buddy is just jealous.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:37 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,107 Likes on 2,168 Posts
next time he busts your chops and says he is an ex marine, ask him what he got discharged for cause once retired you are a retired marine.
only ex marines are the ones that got a dishonerable discharge.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:55 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Once a marine always a marine, so, if he's an ex-marine then something isn't right.

Next time you see your buddy, ask him this:

What sound does schit make when it hits the fan? Maaaarrrrrrine!

On a more serious note, thank you for your service and thank your Marine for us. She'll be a Marine for the rest of her life.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:11 AM
Edkajo
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Butch...welcome to FTE!!! Congrats to you for having raised a great young lady...congrats to her on her accomplishments...you're a proud Dad...and...you deserve some bragging rights!!!

As for the Marine buddy busting your chops about the new to you Escape...I've got nothing...but...I'm sure you'll come up with something. Your Marine buddy is just jealous.
X2

As a joking comeback maybe he could say something that's a little incorrect by todays standards.

" Ya, that's right my good friend ...my DAUGHTER is a Marine"

Old 06-13-2019, 09:02 AM
ButchA
Freshman User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha ha ha ha... Thanks, guys!

Ex-Marine was the term I used - not him. I knew he did a number of years in the USMC back in the late 70's and got out, so he's a former Marine. But like you all said, "Once a Marine, always a Marine!". I remember meeting some of the Marines in San Diego (back when my wife and I flew out there to visit my daughter & son-in-law on the base). They cracked up laughing when I said to them, "You all got to play with all the really cool toys in Camp Lejeune! We Coast Guard guys rarely used any of that stuff - if at all!" --- i.e. I'm referring to the M240 machine gun, armor piercing rounds, explosive devices, etc....

Old 06-13-2019, 09:17 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,107 Likes on 2,168 Posts
my nephew still gets to play with all the cool toys at Lejeune, he is currently stationed there as a Staff Sgt, but will make gunny by September.