Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 skids of pavers in the bed ?

 
  #1  
Old 06-10-2019, 09:28 PM
tortue71
tortue71 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
tortue71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2 skids of pavers in the bed ?

Anyone did it ? Pictures ?
 
  #2  
Old 06-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Mkos1980
Mkos1980 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 531
Mkos1980 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did 1 skid. It was 3860 weight. I was almost on the bumpstops. Gasser F350 srw. Depends on the size of the pavers and quantity.
 
  #3  
Old 06-10-2019, 09:45 PM
smokewagun
smokewagun is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,358
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
Anyone did it ? Pictures ?
Just picked up a full pallet of Belgian pavers. About 3,400. I doubt 6,800 in a bed of a 450 would be smart.
 
  #4  
Old 06-10-2019, 10:14 PM
tortue71
tortue71 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
tortue71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
Just picked up a full pallet of Belgian pavers. About 3,400. I doubt 6,800 in a bed of a 450 would be smart.
I wouldnt be too worried at 6800 in a 450 actually
 
  #5  
Old 06-10-2019, 10:16 PM
ForCal's Avatar
ForCal
ForCal is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 375
ForCal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How much weight is that? If each pallet is like the examples above you would be better off using a trailer rated for that much load.
 
  #6  
Old 06-10-2019, 10:41 PM
landscapeguy
landscapeguy is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 390
landscapeguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I agree, I do this for a living and i will put one and a half pallets in a bed tops. They average around 3k a pallet. I have an f350 6.2. Any more than that and I break out the trailer. I can do 4 pallets in that case
 
  #7  
Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 PM
tortue71
tortue71 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
tortue71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ForCal View Post
How much weight is that? If each pallet is like the examples above you would be better off using a trailer rated for that much load.
I've had 5k in the bed and to be honest it wasn't that bad... That's why I'm wondering. Cant believe people here don't put more weight than that in their beds !
 
  #8  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:19 AM
ForCal's Avatar
ForCal
ForCal is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 375
ForCal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
I've had 5k in the bed and to be honest it wasn't that bad... That's why I'm wondering. Cant believe people here don't put more weight than that in their beds !
Out of curiosity, how much over the payload sticker is that? Or is it.
 
  #9  
Old 06-11-2019, 01:05 AM
tortue71
tortue71 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
tortue71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ForCal View Post
Out of curiosity, how much over the payload sticker is that? Or is it.
Mine is 5535lbs. So two skid would be only 1500lbs over... I'm very doubtful that would break anything. You can have a stripped 350 drw with nearly 7k payload. Also , plenty of people do have big truck camper that weight 6500 lbs so they are overweight too and it's far worse because it's top heavy. Skids are not.
 
  #10  
Old 06-11-2019, 02:24 AM
Adam R
Adam R is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 410
Adam R is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Adam R is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I’d be more worried about the guy loading the pallets in the back of my truck. I prefer to abuse a trailer if I have the option.
 
  #11  
Old 06-11-2019, 05:19 AM
ATC Crazy's Avatar
ATC Crazy
ATC Crazy is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SW VA
Posts: 5,753
ATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to beholdATC Crazy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
I've had 5k in the bed and to be honest it wasn't that bad... That's why I'm wondering. Cant believe people here don't put more weight than that in their beds !
For a lot of people here, the most they haul is a load of groceries....or maybe their mother-in-law...whichever is heavier
 
  #12  
Old 06-11-2019, 07:50 AM
smokewagun
smokewagun is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,358
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
Mine is 5535lbs. So two skid would be only 1500lbs over... I'm very doubtful that would break anything. You can have a stripped 350 drw with nearly 7k payload. Also , plenty of people do have big truck camper that weight 6500 lbs so they are overweight too and it's far worse because it's top heavy. Skids are not.
Who makes a 6,500# slide-in? Maybe it exists, but I’ve never seen one. About 4,500 to 5,000 is pushing it for the largest units, so I’m not sure “plenty of people” have them. Can’t imagine cramming 1,500 pounds of “stuff” in the camper for the weekend. Likely more overload their trucks with pallets of pavers that with 6,500 pound slide-ins.
 
  #13  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:55 AM
tortue71
tortue71 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
tortue71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Adam R View Post
I’d be more worried about the guy loading the pallets in the back of my truck. I prefer to abuse a trailer if I have the option.
I have a plywood decking that I use for my slide on camper so no worries there
 
  #14  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:57 AM
nuctrooper
nuctrooper is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 751
nuctrooper has a good reputation on FTE.nuctrooper has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
Who makes a 6,500# slide-in? Maybe it exists, but I’ve never seen one. About 4,500 to 5,000 is pushing it for the largest units, so I’m not sure “plenty of people” have them. Can’t imagine cramming 1,500 pounds of “stuff” in the camper for the weekend. Likely more overload their trucks with pallets of pavers that with 6,500 pound slide-ins.
My tare weight with my AF811 is 6,000 lbs when fully loaded and stocked for boondocking, and it is a smaller TC. 450 handles it fantastically. Rear axle is right at 10,000 lbs. A bigger TC can easily get to 8klbs if you carry it fully loaded.
 
  #15  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:07 AM
tortue71
tortue71 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
tortue71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
Who makes a 6,500# slide-in? Maybe it exists, but I’ve never seen one. About 4,500 to 5,000 is pushing it for the largest units, so I’m not sure “plenty of people” have them. Can’t imagine cramming 1,500 pounds of “stuff” in the camper for the weekend. Likely more overload their trucks with pallets of pavers that with 6,500 pound slide-ins.
If you plan your payload by the stickers on trailers or truck camper , you are gonna have a bad time ! My fifthwheel was announced at 2300lbs pinweight but it's 3200lbs...

A lot of people will tow a trailer behind their truck campers , you have to consider that also. A lot of them will push the 6k mark
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.