Notices

Sat retention on aftermarket radio in a 2011

Old 06-08-2019, 03:33 PM
CFAutoTransport
Junior User
CFAutoTransport is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sat retention on aftermarket radio in a 2011

Has anyone used a Maestro RR to retain sat radio on the 2011 superduty or is it built into the factory radio ? I didnít have a plug on the back of my radio for antenna so that makes me think itís a external tuner. And maestro says it will retain it just wondering if I missed something on the module flash

Edit

Old 06-08-2019, 05:16 PM
madsonp
madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by CFAutoTransport View Post
Has anyone used a Maestro RR to retain sat radio on the 2011 superduty or is it built into the factory radio ? I didnít have a plug on the back of my radio for antenna so that makes me think itís a external tuner. And maestro says it will retain it just wondering if I missed something on the module flash
If you put an aftermarket stereo in, you need to get a separate Sirius/XM tuner to pickup satellite radio. Don't know where you're getting your info from, but Maestro can't retain the stock sat radio. What did you put in it for a aftermarket stereo ?

Old 06-08-2019, 05:22 PM
CFAutoTransport
Junior User
I guess with further looking I see hat the 2011 dosent retain the sat but the 10 did. I put in a AVIC-5201NEX nav unit. Now I got to figure out how to use factory Sirius antenna

Old 06-08-2019, 05:34 PM
madsonp
madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a very good reputation on FTE.
I guess with further looking I see hat the 2011 dosent retain the sat but the 10 did. I put in a AVIC-5201NEX nav unit. Now I got to figure out how to use factory Sirius antenna
Yeah, in order to get sat radio with that Pioneer is you need to get one of these https://www.bestbuy.com/site/siriusx...?skuId=8110015 On my 2012 that originally didn't come with the navigation system, I installed the Pioneer 8200 NEX, the stock sat radio antenna on mine is actually a duel function antenna (Nav and Sat radio), I got some adapters so I could use the stock antenna for both the navigation and sat radio on my 8200.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:55 PM
CFAutoTransport
Junior User
Originally Posted by madsonp View Post
Yeah, in order to get sat radio with that Pioneer is you need to get one of these https://www.bestbuy.com/site/siriusx...?skuId=8110015 On my 2012 that originally didn't come with the navigation system, I installed the Pioneer 8200 NEX, the stock sat radio antenna on mine is actually a duel function antenna (Nav and Sat radio), I got some adapters so I could use the stock antenna for both the navigation and sat radio on my 8200.
That would be nice. Do you know what adaptors you had to get ?

Old 06-08-2019, 05:58 PM
madsonp
That would be nice. Do you know what adaptors you had to get ?
I was afraid you were going to ask me that, I did it so long ago I don't remember right off hand, I believe I did a write up on it years ago, let me look through some of my old posts and see if I can find the info again.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 PM
CFAutoTransport
Junior User
Originally Posted by madsonp View Post
I was afraid you were going to ask me that, I did it so long ago I don't remember right off hand, I believe I did a write up on it years ago, let me look through some of my old posts and see if I can find the info again.
Hahaha well good ideas are good ideas. Not having 3 antennas on the roof would be GREAT. I would really like to do away with the other gps one from the pioneer and just have the one factory one

Old 06-12-2019, 12:38 AM
CFAutoTransport
Junior User
any luck on finding this ? i found where the factory sirius box is located under the steering wheel, idiots at ADS said that it was built into the radio so im going to be messaging them back as well..

I couldn't find all the specifics, however if I recall correctly on my 2012, the sirius/xm module was under the drivers side dash, I unplugged the roof antenna from the module, and because my truck originally didn't have the stock navigation system, to split the sat radio/gps signal from the stock antenna I got this Ford part 9T4Z10E928A the one end plugs into the antenna lead removed from the sirius XM tuner, then the two leads run to the Pioneer system I installed, then I had some adapters made up to adapt the connectors on the ford harness to adapt to sat radio connector in the new sirius xm tuner, and the gps connector on the Pioneer system. The only way I can determine exactly what I got made for the adapters to adapt the Ford splitter harness to the Pioneer system, would be to pull the Pioneer system in my truck and take a look.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.