Notices

Head R&R Video Please

Old 06-07-2019, 05:12 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Head R&R Video Please

Okay so its come down to having the right passenger side head replaced on a reman'd 5.4 2v engine and my mechanic while knowledgeable is a bit skittish about these engines. Much to his credit he dismisses my claim "its easy as pie.......". That's one reason he's my trusted mechanic--will admit when he needs more info that my assurances.

So I'm looking for a definitive video that shows step-by-step how to install the timing changes after the head is installed and properly torqued. I need a video rather than a written description only because that sort of instruction is his preference. I've cruised YouTube but mostly finding 3v presentations----not really sure if those would be or should be helpful---open to advice on that.

I'll be buying whatever cam holding devices needed for this one time job---quality is key for this acquisition. I don't believe I need a whole timing chain installation set of tools---just the right side cam holding piece? Open to suggestions on brand etc for this.

Video links only please and TIA.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:55 AM
Im50fast
Humblest guy ever
Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.Im50fast has a great reputation on FTE.
No video nor special tools needed man. We used a single sheet of paper showing the timing marks. And it was correct on the first try.
Admittedly I was very skittish about getting the timing correct on an OHC engine. But we jumped in with a sheet of paper we found on the internet and found that it wasn’t difficult AT ALL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.